Chapter eleven

Last edit date: January 31, 2021
(Some thoughts were changed)

Norman's pov

I see it. A girl. A human girl. Screeching I take off after her. Something about her face seemed...familiar...

I rank my claws down her back and a minute later she screams as she falls unconscious. 

I catch her body and decide to bring this one back to my lair. 

Treading through the ink, I easily get my lair. I'll kill her here once she wakes up. She doesn't stand a chance getting away. My legs are much longer so it's easier for me to run though the ink.

I lay her down and dim my light so I can get a good look at her. I let out a startled screech. 

"DaRCy," I screech. 

Falling to the ground, I can feel the ink lose it's hold on me after all these years. 

Sitting up I look at my clawed hands. What have I become? What did Joey do...?

I look up at the girl in front of me. She's not Darcy. Too young. But she could be her child.

She's bleeding pretty bad... 

How did she survive long enough to get down here? Hopefully I didn't just do something that will kill her. I take what she's holding and set it aside so I can get a good look at her. 

I'd say she's about 17 or 18. 

She twitches in her sleep, startling me. I look away in shame. 

I never wanted to hurt her. I just couldn't control myself! 

I decide to get up and go to find something to eat for the skinny girl. 

As I'm looking I happen to see it. A can of bacon soup on a tall shelve. Good thing I'm tall. 

I grab it and go back. 

I see she's awake. Once she seems me she scoots as far away as she possible can, only stopping when she accidentally put her hand in the ink. I dim my light so I don't blind her. 

She whimpers and quickly looks down, making me feel worse about hurting her. 

Once I'm close enough, I kneel down in front of her and hand her the bacon soup. She lifts her head and and looks at it for a second before she slowly takes it from me. I get up and sit a foot away from her. 

She looks at it for a minute or so before trying to open it. 

Right as I'm about to go over and help her, she gets it open but cuts herself in the process. 

"Ouch!" she exclaims. 

I start to feel even worse. If I had helped her earlier then she wouldn't have hurt herself... 

She looks at her hand for a minute before slightly shrugging and proceeding to eat the uncooked soup that I just now realize might not be good to eat uncooked. 

After a few minutes she suddenly sits the can down and brings her hand to her face. I become confused. Is she okay?

She quickly turns towards he ink and pucks. I start to feel even worse inside. I've caused her to feel more pain...

She looks towards me, her eyes widening and quickly looks away. 

"I want to go back," she whispers.