Chapter Sixteen

Henry's Pov

I haven't seen Joey four months now. He never leaves the studio. He should be with Darcy right now, she is going to be having his kid. Yet that bastered holes up in the hole. 

I walk into the guest room where Darcy is staying. She didn't want to be home alone. I love the woman if I'm being honest. That's why I was furious when she got with Joey and was outraged when I learnt she's pregnant!

She's currently asleep so I leave the necklace I got her next to the bed. It's nothing fancy but I know that woman better than Joey at this point. I know she appreciates the small, simple things. 

I quietly close the door and start to make dinner. She's been craving chicken so I'm making chicken soup. I know, it's a very simple dinner but she doesn't like big, fancy meals.  

As it's warming up on the stove I see her walk and. Smiling I turn towards her. She's wearing the necklace. 

"Thank you," she tell me. 

"You don't need to thank me," I tell her. I do want to make her happy and at the same time, win her over so we can raise the child together, without Joey. He doesn't cherish her. I do. Hell, if he really loved her, he wouldn't have just never came back from the studio! Unlike him, I'll love her right. 

I walk over to her and she gives me a small hug which I return. 

"Is that chicken soup," she says, brightening up. 

"I thought you'd want something simple," I tell her.

"You know me too well," she says, looking at me, a smile playing at her lips.  

"Have a seat. The soup should be ready in a few minutes," I tell her. She nods and goes to sit down. My smile falls. She's not even angry at him. She still cares. I'm for sure angry! She deserves better!

Walking over to the stove I check the noodles and chicken and sure enough it's done. Getting out two bowls, using a ladle I pour some into the bowls and I place one in front of her and sit down next to her. Not across from her, next to her. She means that much to me. 

She blows on the spoonful of soup and puts it in her mouth. We begin eating. 

Once we're done I ask, "Movie night?" she smiles and nods but it doesn't reach her eyes. She still looks sad. I smile sadly as I watch her walk off into the living room. At least I finally got her to understand that she's not allowed to do any work here and to leave it to me. 

I put the dishes in the sink and decide to take care of the leftover soup later. Walking into the living room I sit next to Darcy. 

"What movie are we going to watch?" she asks. 

"It's a surprise," I tell her. She smiles and this time it meets her eyes. She loves surprises. 

I put the movie in and sit down next to her, letting the previews play because she likes to watch those. 

She curls up in the fuzzy purple blanket that I brought for her and looks at the tv. As long as I'm with her I'm....My thoughts get cut off as she moves closer and snuggles against me. I put my arm around her in victory. See, Joey? I'm already winning her over! 

Joey and I used to be great friends. Then he became secretive and changed. Even his voice changed. He became an ass to everyone and wasn't kind to Darcy anymore. He's take advantage of her, though she'll never admit that he has. 

"Maybe I should go see him," she says out of the blue, startling me. 

"If he loved you, he's come and see you himself," I tell her. Her body goes stiff and she sits up to loo at me.