Chapter Thirteen

Last edit date: January 31, 2021
(I think I changed some thoughts...I don't remember)

Past

Norman's Pov

I remember being a man who sought knowledge about my coworkers. They never knew I was watching. The things I knew could have gotten Joey's old studio shut down and I would have if my family hadn't of needed the money. 

I don't remember much about my family. I don't remember there faces or names or where they live. I think my name was Norman...

Norman Polk. 

Yes, that sounds right. 

He's dead. 

All that's left is me!

I walk around the corner and see a human holding something in their hands, my light blinding them. I screech in fury as they're in my light. 

They try to run. How petty. I catch them and kill them in two blows. 

Their body sinks into the ink and I watch as the ink consumes the lifeless body, turning it into something else. Something new. 

I walk away, uninterested in what's happening and go back to wandering my halls. 

The man I used to be. He hated this man named Joey. Yet, I have yet to figure out who Joey is and why we had hated them so much. Why we do still hate him so much.

The longer I think the clearer a face appears in my mind. 

"jOeY," I breath out. He made me into this. What is it I was called?

Projection? Projector? Projectionist! Ah, yes! That's it! I'm The Projectionist!

My mind flashes back to the torturous process I went through. 

Flashback

"Joey!" I yelled. "JOEY LET ME OUT!" I scream as black liquid fills the ink machine. 

Why did I agree to try and fix this damn machine! I'm no mechanic! 

I freeze in horror. Ink. It's ink. 

"JOEY! YOU'RE GOING TO KILL ME !" I screech. 

I knew I should have told somebody about this horrendous ink machine! But who would have believed me?! 

I move to the other side, the ink up to my calves and I end up falling.

Ink splashes me in the face. 

The lid was put down and clamped down a second after I got into the damn thing to see one of the pipes. That's when I realize something. He met to kill me. 

All the freaky shit that's been happening around here, all the missing people around here, I'm about to be part of it. 

I start to panic. The ink is up to my waist now. 

I don't want to drown to death in ink! Then something strange happens. 

The ink starts to crawl up my body and forces its way into my mouth and in my throat as I flail hopelessly around in the ink. 

I gage and couch as it goes down in my throat. My vision becomes black with the pain blossoming in my chest. 

It's not long before I think I'm dead.