🦁The Lion And The Mouse🐭🐁

"Great it was bad enough that Jack was bleeding now we have to worry about the other boy!"  Rieka mutters as they continue on their way towards the settlement "there's the wolf I know!"  Riddick teases with a chuckle in his tone and a smile she playfully pushes his shoulder with a smile making him chuckle they both look back as the boy in question falls and Imam and Carolyn once again help him up as Jack looks up at the rain that was falling from above Riddick starts laughing and asks Imam "so where the hell is your God now?"  he groans as Rieka elbows him in the stomach he looks at her with narrowed eyes and she looks at him with dangerous ones which arouses him immensely Rieka walks away from him dropping her ropes once more as she walks over to the stone wall and tries to reach higher ground to see how far they were Riddick rushes over and joins her as the others rush over and push themselves up against the wall and try to restart one of the torches that went out  "Riddick! are we close?"  Carolyn asks when she doesn't get an answer she shouts "just tell me that the settlement is right up there!"  Rieka whispers "there's too much!.... too much noise too many different scents floating around I can't....!"  Riddick says to Carolyn "we can't make it"  just then one of the creatures tails wraps around the wounded boys neck and pulls him up the wall Imam shouts something in Arabic Riddick finds a hole within the wall and rushes over to it then he shouts as he pushes a boulder out of the way "hide here! now!"  Jack, Carolyn and Imam do as their told then Riddick covers the hole once again with the three of them inside it then he walks over to Rieka takes her hand picks up the ropes that hold the power cells and says with a low growl "don't argue let's go!"  he hands her her two ropes and they work together to make it to the settlement slipping and sliding on the muddy pathway along the way.... Rieka separates herself from Riddick as he goes to work on the drop ship she stays long enough to drop the ropes she carried alongside it then continues walking Riddick watches her leave then with a disappointed sway he walks into the drop ship and gets to work once he finishes he goes to look for her and finds Carolyn instead "strong survival instinct I admire that in a woman"  Riddick says to Carolyn as he stands at the back of the drop ship "I promised them that we would go back with more light"  Carolyn replies out of breath "did you? hmm"  Riddick says as he grips the sides of the ship "what are you afraid? where's your girlfriend!?! is she not going with you!?!"  Carolyn asks as she tosses the bottle of blue florescent bugs down on the ground Riddick's heart twists at Carolyn's last words God he hoped Rieka would come back and leave with him he had no idea where she went anyway he also found it odd how his heart raced at hearing Carolyn call Rieka his "girlfriend" but he acted as though he was unaffected by her words as he laughs a fake laugh then replies "me, afraid?"  Carolyn walks closer to him and says "come on Riddick there's gotta be some part of you that wants to rejoin the human race"  Riddick replies as he kneels down and looks her in the eyes behind his google "truthfully, I wouldn't know how.... I don't think she would either"  Carolyn says "well then just give me more light for them I'll go back by myself"  Riddick replies as he turns his body halfway reaches into a compartment next to him and pulls out a harness with a flashlight attached to it "okay"  he tosses it over to her then says as she catches it "there you go"  Carolyn says softly "please, just come with me"  Riddick replies "I got a better idea come with me"  Carolyn says after a short pause "you're fucking with me I know you are"  Riddick replies "you know I am?"  then he stands up and says "you don't know anything about me I will leave you here HELL I will leave Rieka here so step inside"  Carolyn falls to her knees and whispers "I can't"   Riddick replies "sure you can"  Carolyn says with a voice full of tears "I can't"  Riddick reaches his hand out for her as he grips the side of the ship with his other hand and says "here I'll make it easy on you"  he leans forward and says as Carolyn starts to cry "take my hand come on come on"  Carolyn shakes her head and Riddick says "look no ones going to blame you save yourself Carolyn"  Carolyn looks up at him as she shakes her head once more still crying Riddick walks towards her and says "come on come on"  he gently touches her just under the shoulders and she starts to crawl then walk up the platform "that's it that's it good girl"  Riddick says they hear the chirp of one of the creatures Riddick turns and wonders if it was actually Rieka making that noise and that's when he noticed the smoke coming from the Coring Room but before he could react Carolyn screams and attacks him knocking him down to the ground "now, you! you listen to me! I am the captain of this ship and I am not leaving anyone on this rock with those things, even if it means...."   Carolyn screeches she goes to punch him but gets flipped onto her back then pulled under him he places his shiv along her neck "get that thing off my neck"  she orders not looking him in the eyes "shut up!"   he yells then he asks "you'd die for them?"  she replies "I would try for them"  Riddick says with a growl in his tone "you didn't answer me"  Carolyn replies "yes I would Riddick I would I would die for them"  Riddick and Carolyn hear Rieka ask with a slightly playful tone "what's with all the screaming!?!"  they both look up to see Rieka, Imam and Jack staring down at them Jack has a small somewhat smug/proud smile on her face Carolyn climbs off of Riddick and scrambles over to Jack and hugs her Riddick grips his goggles and slides them off his head as though he couldn't believe what he was seeing and it was the only way to make sure it was all real "I needed someone to help me build a fire.... I got cold!"   Rieka says Riddick chuckles then asks "so you went into the Coring Room!?!"  she shrugs and says "it was dry inside so....!"  he laughs....