Chapter 5

"Just so you know, if this doesn't work out, I will-"

"You will kill me and no one would ever know what happened. Got it." I cut him off, rolling my eyes. Luciano glares at me while I can hear Luca and Angelo snicker in our earpieces. 

We were currently at the warehouse, waiting for Connor's men to hit. Luca and Angelo were on the roof, sniper rifles in their arms. Luciano and I were in one of the rooms at the back of the warehouse. Now, you're probably wondering where's the rest of his men?Well, they weren't here. Luciano's men had unloaded the crates in the warehouse, locking them in the vault with Luca supervising them. It was like any other shipment for Connor's men who were more than likely watching. What they didn't know is that those crates were empty. The weapons had arrived a day earlier and were safe and secure in another warehouse. I knew that  Liam was going to hack into the warehouse's security system and disable all the silent alarms and motion sensors, allowing the men to enter without alerting the Italians. The crazy part of my plan was we were gonna let them in. I wasn't going to block Liam out. When Connor's men had entered, I would take control of the system again and shut the lights, locking them in the warehouse as well. The men standing guard outside the warehouse would be taken care of by Luca and Angelo. Luciano and I would take care of the ones inside the warehouse. We were hoping to take a few them in alive to get information out of them but I knew that was a long shot. The reason we didn't bring any of Luciano's men with us was because we didn't want to risk tipping of whoever was watching the warehouse. There was a back entrance that we could sneak in and a place to hide the car but having more than one vehicle would tip them off. So, for tonight, we were the army. My only hope was that Connor wouldn't send so many of his men since it was just to retrieve the weapons. 

"Don, we have movement on the east side of the warehouse. 6 SUV's heading our way." Angelo says in the earpiece.

"That's more than we were expecting." Luca pipes in. It was true, we were hoping for 3 or 4 cars but we could still handle 6.

My eyes are glued to the tablet in my hand, waiting for Liam to break into our system. Instantly, the code starts getting scrambled and I smirk. 

"Liam's hacking into the system as we speak." The reason I was allowing Liam to break in was  because I had hidden a virus in the security system. When Liam logs in, the program I had written would act as a keylogger in his system, allowing me to view everything he had or was searching for. It would only buy us a few days at the most before Liam realised but at this point, we had to take what we could get. 

"We've got  eyes on 25 men. 5 of them are staying guard outside. The others seem to be waiting for Liam to give them green light." Luca says. 

"Liam just disarmed the security. They should be entering right about now." I say and Angelo confirms. 20 men have just entered the warehouse. My program immediately starts working its way into Liam's server but that's not my main concern right now. I access the security cameras, Luciano and I watching the men head towards the vault. They wait again, probably for Liam to hack into the vault's security.

I nod at Luciano, indicating that I'm ready. He  nods back, speaking into his earpiece.

"One..two..three." I take control of the system again, shutting Liam out. Immediately, I shut the lights off and lock the warehouse doors, trapping the men in and keeping the men out. I can hear Luca and Angelo silently take down the men standing guard outside the warehouse while Luciano and I prepare to take down the 20 men inside. Luciano and I had 2 weapons and ammo strapped to the belt around us, a Glock and a Beretta. In our hands were our semi-automatics. 

I'll be honest with you, I was nervous. Not because we were about to face 20 men, nope that was the easy part. I was nervous because this was my first time on the field with Luciano. I couldn't exactly trust the guy yet, as much as I wanted to. That idiot, perceptive as always, somehow figured out where my thoughts were. Turning to me, he says seriously,