Epilogue

"Shh let's not wake mama up."
Whispers and soft giggles float through the air, arousing me from my deep slumber. I slowly open my eyes, my vision landing on my husband trying to quietly usher our kids out of the room.
"Mama!!"
Alaric Alessandro Moretti, my eldest child, notices that I'm awake and instantly jumps into bed, snuggling into me.
"Good morning baby."
"Good morning mama. We didn't mean to wake you."
"That's okay darling."
"The little devils want food." I look up to see Vincenzo smiling cheekily at me, our daughter in his arms. Amara Lucia Moretti was a daddy's girl through and through and her brother and her were becoming quite the handful.
"It's 6 in the morning." I say looking at the bedside clock.
"Pancakes." Is all my daughter says and I laugh, remembering a certain someone who loves pancakes as well.
"Okay baby. Why don't you two head downstairs. Mama and I will be down in a minute." Luciano puts her down and Alaric takes her hand protectively, ushering her out of the room.
I sit up and throw my hair into a messy bun, smiling as Luciano gets into bed behind me.
"Good morning."
He places a kiss on my neck as I lean back into him.
"Morning amore."
We sit in silence for a few minutes, holding each other tight. This had become our morning ritual of sorts. Every morning before we got out of bed and started our busy day, we would just sit together and hold each other tight. My eyes drift towards the portrait wall in front of our bed. I can't help but smile at all the pictures on it. There's one that Luciano took of us right after I said yes, and there are a few from our wedding.

Finally, my eyes land on the most recent ones. Ones of my little angels. They were candids of Luciano and I holding them in the hospital, minutes after they were born. Alaric, our oldest and the heir would turn 3 this month while Amara has just turned 1 a little while ago. They had become our lives and while I cannot deny that becoming a mother is the scariest thing I have ever done, it is also the most fulfilling part of my life. Luciano and my children were everything to me and I couldn't be more blessed to have them.

"That wall will be full by the time we're old." I tilt my head backwards slightly to see Luciano glancing down at me lovingly.

"Yes it will."

"Thank you amore."
"For what?"
"For loving me. For gifting me our two angels. For everything that you are."

My eyes mist over at his loving words.
"I love you Luciano Moretti."
"I love you too Alessandra Moretti."

Our fiery kiss is interrupted by the sound of something crashing in the kitchen, followed by the sound of giggles.

Both Luciano and I share a look, the look all parents have when they hear their children up to no good.

"All I wanted was pancakes." He says with such resignation that I can't help but laugh.
"Cmon baby. Time to get up."

As we walk down the stairs hand in hand, our angels grinning guiltily in the kitchen, I knew I wouldn't give this up for anything in the world. I was home.

Hi guys. So La Cosa Nostra has come to an end. It has been an incredible journey and I couldn't be more thankful for your support and love. You have no idea how much it means to me. This book is also available on Webnovel so do spread the word. Stay safe everyone. Loads of love, Shobhi.