Chapter 30

"Baby, wake up. We're almost here."
My eyes flutter open slowly, falling on the sculpted face before me. Stretching languidly, I rise from the bed, rolling my eyes at Luciano's lustful expression.
"How long was I out for?" I ask as I get dressed and run my fingers through my hair.
"A couple of hours."
"Didn't you sleep?"
"I did. I woke up half an hour ago."
We walk out of the bedroom together and head towards the front of his jet. The pilot announces over the intercom to prepare for landing as we settle in our seats.

I look out the window as the beautiful coastline of Amalfi comes into view. Luciano has surprised me with a trip to Italy, specifically Amalfi where his family was from. Although Luciano and Emilia were born in the US, their grandfather was from Italy and they regularly had family vacations here with the rest of the family who still resided here. The plane lands and we head out to the Range Rover parked right outside the plane, a fleet of SUV's behind it in a line.
"Overprotective much?" I mutter quietly to Luciano teasingly and he just places a kiss on my temple.
"I will never take your security for granted."
"You do realise I'm an assassin right?"
Luciano laughs at my dry tone, helping me into the car.
"Then, this is for my safety."

The car ride is mostly silent, Luciano occasionally pointing out a few buildings to me. I was too nervous to focus, my mind racing about the impending reunion. Luciano's uncles ran the mafia here and to say I was nervous about meeting the rest of the extended family was an understatement. It had been plaguing my thoughts since he told me about the trip a few days back.
"What's going on in that head of yours?"
"Hmm?" I turn to look at an amused looking Luciano.
"You're biting your lip. What are you nervous about baby?"
"Umm...I'm a little nervous about meeting  the rest of your family and y'know, staying with them and all that ."
Luciano looks at me in confusion for a few seconds before nervousness and was that fear? dawned on his face.
"Shit."
"What?"
"I didn't tell you did I?"
"Tell me what?"
"Uhh you see. We're not exactly gonna see them."
"Wait what?"
"I mean, we will see them and spend the day with them before we leave but we're not staying with them."
I blink a few times, my mind processing this.
"Then why the fuck did you tell me we were gonna stay with them?"
"I did not!"
"Yeah you did. You told me we were coming to Italy for a vacation and you were gonna introduce me to your extended family."
"Did I not mention that we were gonna stay at my villa?"
"NO!!"
"Oops."
"Don't you oops me Moretti. I have been internally panicking for days over this."
"Why would you panic over this? My parents already love you."
"Emilia told me about your aunt. She's uhh how do I put this..fixated on setting you up with some chick named Bella or something?"
Luciano curses and pulls me close.
"First of all, Emilia has been running her mouth as usual. Second of all, I promise you have nothing to worry about. Yes my aunt spoke to me about Bella but this was over a year ago, before I met you. And I never agreed to anything. The last time I met Bella was years ago when we were kids."
"I'm not worried about Bella. I just...she's the daughter of Italy's most prominent businessman and politicians and she's known your family for years. Marrying her would do wonders for your family. And here you are bringing home an orphan."
A fierce look appears on his face as he cups my face.
"You are my life. You hear that Amore? I don't care about your past the same way you have never judged me for mine. You make my life better, you make me better. We love each other and that's all that matters. Anyone who says otherwise, family or not, can go fuck themselves."
I feel my lips curling up as I snuggle closer into him.
"Have I ever told you how sexy you are when you're all serious like this?"
"Dolchezzaaa.."
I laugh, pulling away as the car pulls to a stop. Alighting from the car, I freeze in my steps. Beautiful doesn't even begin to describe the villa in front of me. It's located on a cliff overlooking the beautiful ocean. The villa is open and airy and just screams Italy.
"Welcome to our second home amore." Luciano takes my hand and guides me in, his men bringing in our luggage behind us. I take a look around the ground floor as he quietly talks to one of the men in fluent Italian.
"Come on." I turn around to see him waiting by the steps, the men having left as quietly as they came in.
"Where did they go?"
"They're around. I told them to give us some privacy."
"Oka- wow."
The master bedroom is paradise. There's a four poster bed in the centre of the huge room with french doors opposite it. I could see the sparkling blue ocean from here. As I exit the french doors, there's a pool and a hot tub right at the cliff, allowing you to perch safely on it while looking at the stunning view.
Luciano comes up behind me, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist.
"I always dreamed of living here if I didn't have the mafia."
I turn around to face him, stroking his jaw.
"Let's do that. One day, when you retire from the mafia and pass the torch to our kids, let's move back here."
His eyes widen in surprise.
"Really? You would move to another country for me?"
"I'm insulted you would even ask that."
"It's just that it's a huge step."
"I have you. Besides, if I ever get tired of you I can just dump you in the ocean."I say smirking.
He laughs shaking his head at me.
"We have a deal then Ms Morino."
He seals it with a passionate kiss that leaves me breathless.