Chapter 23

"Have you seen today's papers?" Angelo all but shoves the paper into my face as I enter the kitchen.

"Morning to you too, Angelo." I say in a dry tone and he rolls his eyes. Luciano peers over my shoulder to read the headlines. My eyes widen as I look at the huge headline with a picture of us from yesterday below it.

"LUCIANO MORETTI ATTENDS HIS FOUNDATION'S GALA WITH A DATE. How did they get my name so fast?" I ask when I read the rest of the article.

"That's not all they got. You're all over the Internet. They know everything about you." Emilia says, showing us TMZ's website on her iPad. She was right, every tabloid magazine and online news site had us in the front page and they certainly had details about me such as my job and so on.

"I just got word. Paparazzi is camped outside of CCC and your apartment. One of your neighbours said that you haven't been living there for the last two months. So, now they're speculating that the two of you are living together and you've been together for a while." Luca walks in with Sofia, his phone in his hand.

"Was it like this when you guys got together?" I ask them and all of them chuckle, shaking their heads.

"We made the papers but not the front page for sure."

"You're dating a billionaire, Alessa. An elusive one at that." Sofia says and I whirl around to face Luciano, who's watching me thoughtfully.

"You're a billionaire?!!!" His eyes widen in embarrassment and surprise.

"You didn't know?" I shake my head and all he says is "Oh."

"I mean I knew you were loaded but I didn't-never mind. It doesn't matter anyway." I say sheepishly and he just chuckles lightly, squeezing my waist.

"At least I know you're not with me for my money." he says jokingly and I stick my tongue out at him.

"You couldn't pay me enough to put up with your grumpy ass."

The others burst out into laughter while Luciano groans.

"I swear my parents love you more than they love me."

"I don't blame them, I mean I am pretty amazing." I shrug haughtily and he smirks mischievously, pulling me closer and kissing me lightly on my lips.

"Okay, you guys are cute and everything but is this gonna be an everyday thing?" Angelo groans and Emilia nods, grimacing.

"Yeah, I really don't need to see my brother flirting and getting it on."

"It's so weird seeing the two of them be so..happy all the time." Luca pipes in and I roll my eyes at them.

"You guys wanted us to get together." Luciano says in a slight mocking tone and I nod.

"I guess that's why they say be careful what you wish for." Sofia says defeatedly.

"Umm, Don?" We turn towards the door and find one of Luciano's men standing there.

"What is it, Antonio?"

"I'm sorry to interrupt but Thomas Winston is on the line."

Luciano's face darkens and he nods, dismissing his men.

"I'll be in my office in a minute."

"Actually, it's for Donna." he says looking at me.

I stiffen before smiling politely at him.

"Thank you Antonio. And please, call me Alessa like you always have."

He glances back at his boss for approval but Luciano is too distracted.