avoidance

I got up the next morning and immediately got dressed for work. I didn't bother to look at my roommate as he exited his room. Katsuki stared at me the whole time I was tying on my apron and putting my shoes on. I made brief eye contact with him, then I quickly looked away. He growled and stormed over to me, grabbing my chin.

"Look at me. Stop fucking avoiding me." Katsuki said sternly. I narrowed my eyes at him and grabbed his chin as well, pulling him close to me so our noses were almost touching. His serious expression didn't waver. My anger grew stronger.

"Why the fuck do you care. Leave me alone." I hissed, releasing him from my grasp and jerking away from his hand. I stomped over to the door and walked out, slamming it harshly. I was seeing red as I walked to work. Why the hell couldn't he leave me alone so I could cool down?

I opened the door to the bakery and sighed deeply. Damn, maybe I had a worse temper than Katsuki Bakuhoe himself. Michiru walked in from the back and grinned at me, motioning me to come to her. As soon as I did, she wrapped an arm around my shoulders and guided me to the back room.

"Y/N, we just hired a new employee the other day, so make sure to help him out, okay?" Michiru gestured to a tall, muscular man looking around at everything in the kitchen. He had messy green hair, freckles, and vivid green eyes. His gaze landed on me, and he smiled warmly. I gave him a friendly smile back and extended my hand.

"Y/N L/N, nice to meet you." The man took my hand and shook it.

"Izuku Midoriya. Nice to meet you too!" I've heard that name before, but from where? Then it clicked. Kirishima mentioned him being the pro hero Deku. I released my hand from his grip and smiled again.

"Well, Midoriya, lemme help teach you some stuff! You're gonna like working here."

"I'll leave you two alone to get better acquainted. I trust you to help him out, Y/N!" Michiru giggled, walking out of the room to man the front. After she left, I turned back to Midoriya.

"Let's get you started with the basics first, 'kay?" Midoriya nodded and followed me. Then he tripped. I sweatdropped as his body lay sprawled out on the ground. Oh boy, he was clumsy. Teaching was gonna be difficult.

***

After a couple more clumsy incidents from my new coworker, the work day was over. I let out a breath and smiled tiredly at him. He clapped his hands together and bowed his head.

"I'm so sorry if I made things harder for you! I-I understand if you don't want to teach me anymore-"

"Hey, hey, hey, it's fine! There's always room for improvement, and I can see that you've got your heart and mind in the right place, just, well, not your body." I chuckled, making Midoriya turn red and lower his head again. I giggled and ruffled his hair, which was surprisingly soft. He looked up and his big green eyes locked with mine. He almost reminded me of a puppy.

"Good work today, Midoriya. I look forward to working with you."

***

I got home and set down my apron, dreading seeing my terrible, shitty, disgusting roommate. Instead, I was met the sight of a very angry looking girl storming out of the house. A different girl than from yesterday. She made eye contact with me and then stopped. Her face was filled with sympathy.

"I'm sorry, but if you're hooking up with him, I'd suggest leaving right now. He's just gonna use you, too." She said, holding the door open for me. I shook my head.

"I would, but I kinda live here." I coughed, looking down and away. She gave me a pitiful look.

"You're a saint for putting up with him." She shut the door. I shakily ran my hand through my H/L H/C hair, again feeling like shit. I looked in the direction of Katsuki's room, bracing myself for his temper tantrum as he stormed out. But he never came out. Confused, I quietly walked towards his bedroom. His door was half open.

I could see his figure sitting down staring at the wall, face blank. He was fully clothed and it didn't smell like anything in there except the smell of caramel, probably from nitroglycerin. A slap mark more prominent than the one I gave him yesterday painted one side of his face, making me quietly gasp. Katsuki's eyes flickered over to the door where I was, and I quickly turned my head back where it was so I wouldn't be seen.

  Five seconds later, I felt a presence hovering over me and looked up to see Katsuki. His face was back to his normal RBF.

  "Who told you you could fucking spy on me?" He snapped. I rolled my eyes and scoffed, about to walk away. He caged me in with both of his arms. Damn my weak short self.

  "I said, why the fuck were you spying on me."

  "B-because if you're bringing girls here and they're storming off like that, I kinda have to know what the fuck's going on." I held my ground, staring him down. Katsuki snorted.

  "What, so now I have to give you answers? Bullshit. Whatever I do is none of your fucking concern."

  That was the final straw.

  "You know what, asshole? I don't give a shit about what you do. But if it's gonna affect me and how I live, then you're gonna give me fucking answers. Now, I've tried to be civil before since we're living together and all, but if you're gonna be a two-faced motherfucker then I'm not gonna do shit for you."

  My tone was so calm it was almost scary. Katsuki gulped. GULPED. I could've sworn I saw a bit of pink in his cheeks.

  "F-fucking fine, I'll tell you. Like almost every other girl I sleep with, she wanted a relationship. And I said no, so she slapped me."

  "Interesting. Now let me go." I ordered. He complied.

  'Hm. Maybe I should be forceful more often.'