war

The funeral for Michiru was nice. It wasn't all just black, it was colorful like her. I didn't cry, though, because I knew she wouldn't want me to. I just walked up to her casket, smiled, and said my farewells. Midoriya walked up to me after the funeral.

  "What's gonna happen to the bakery?" He asked. I said I didn't know. And it was the truth, I really didn't know what was going to become of it. Not yet, anyway.

  Apparently Michiru wanted me to take over when she passed. But I wasn't ready. Not yet. I needed a little more time.

  Then I could help her.

***

  "Oi, shithead. Someone's at the door." Katsuki barked from the couch, eating a slice of pizza. I rolled my eyes and flicked the back of his head as I passed, making him growl. I opened the door to be met with a girl with pink hair and pink skin. Her black and yellow eyes lit up when she saw me. She squealed, hugging me tightly and spinning around.

  "Mama Y/N! I missed you!" Katsuki facepalmed.

  "Uh...hey...you?" I said, confused as we stopped spinning. She pouted.

  "Don't tell me you forgot who I am! Oh, right, you've only seen me in my hero costume. Well, it's me, Mina Ashido, AKA Pinky!" She exclaimed, posing with a peace sign. Katsuki made a disgusted noise from the couch. Mina looked over at him and her expression turned darker. She stormed over to him and grabbed him by the collar.

  "Where's the money, Lebowski?" She growled, shaking him roughly. Katsuki rolled his eyes and rummaged through the couch cushions, pulling out 20 dollars. He shoved the bill into her free hand.

"Take it, stop making shitty movie references, and get out." He grumbled. She pouted for the second time and released him, walking over to me.

"Y/N doesn't mind if I stay, right Y/N?" She whined, looking at me with puppy dog eyes. Katsuki glared at me from the couch, ready to pounce.

Now, on one hand Mina's puppy eyes were almost irresistible to my mom instincts.

On the other, I owed Katsuki for saving me, and I didn't feel like him being pissier than usual.

I sighed, patting Mina on the head.

"Nah, I have plans and I don't want Katsuki to be a bitch the whole day. Sorry, Mina." Her eyes welled up with tears. Oh shit. Her lip quivered, then...

"Quit the bullshit acting, idiot. She ain't budging." Mina magically sucked the tears back up into her eye sockets and her lip stopped trembling. A grin was now on her face.

"Teehee, worth a try! Well, maybe next time then! Bye Y/N! Bye Katsuki!" And with that, she left. Katsuki turned his attention back onto the TV, muttering about absolutely nothing like an angry old man. I snorted at this comparison and pulled out my art stuff from the drawer. Katsuki turned around as I brushed along the canvas. I glanced over at him.

"What?" I asked as he walked to the spot behind me, studying the easel like last time.

"You've been painting a shit ton recently, huh?" He mumbled, watching as I dipped my brush into a red watercolor. I quickly flicked my brush across the canvas.

"So?"

"It's weird. What's driving you to paint this shit?" A splash of yellow.

"I don't know. Random inspiration, I guess?" A stroke of orange. Katsuki leaned closer to the canvas, squinting his eyes.

"Hey, that looks a lot like m-"

I lazily flicked my wrist backwards and hit Katsuki in the face with the bristles of the brush. I turned around to see a large red dot on his nose. I struggled to stifle a laugh as he trembled with rage.

'He looks like an angry Rudolph.'

I couldn't hold back anymore, and bursted out laughing. Katsuki roared in rage. As I was dying with laughter, I felt something drip onto my face. I gasped and touched my fingers to my cheek, then examining the offending liquid. White paint. I narrowed my eyes at Katsuki, who was grinning. He held a tube of white paint in his hand.

"Oh, it is on, Brain Zero."

I launched a sponge covered in blue paint at his face, successfully hitting his forehead. He growled and grabbed the paintbrush covered in red paint, running it along my other cheek. My mouth hung open.

After a while of paint warfare, I rolled on the ground laughing. Katsuki looked down at me angrily, covered in paint.

"What's so funny, dipshit?" He barked, making me laugh harder. I wiped a tear from my eye.

"Bahahaha! I just can't imagine how dumb we look right now! Two adults, fighting with paint like kids!" I said between laughs. Katsuki was silent. I looked up, still slightly laughing, to see Katsuki trembling once again. I stopped laughing.

"Hey, you good? I didn't mean to-"

"AHAHAHA!" Katsuki laughed, clutching his stomach. I stared at him in bewilderment. He glanced at me from his hunched stance, still laughing.

"If you're looking this stupid right now, I can't fucking imagine how bad I must look!" He snickered, making me gasp in mock offense.

"I'll have you know I look amazing 100 percent of the time, bitch." This made him collapse on the floor, still laughing. I giggled along with him. Eventually, our laughter died down and he stood up, dusting himself off.

"Shit, now I need to shower. Don't say shit, I'm going first." Katsuki said. He took off his shirt, revealing his toned body. My mouth gaped open.

'Well, shit, I never realized how hot his body was- I MEAN-'

I choked on air and coughed loudly, shaking my head. Katsuki looked over at me as he folded his shirt up. He chuckled, walking past me and ruffling my hair.

"You're such a dumbass, Y/N."

Badump.

My face reddened. What the fuck is going on?

"G-go take a shower already, headass."