izu-chan

Katsuki didn't come back to the house for a couple days. It felt really empty and weird without him. Not just the house, but my heart. I sat on the couch, sketching out some very edgy and very grotesque images.

  Suddenly he burst through the front door, laughing as he walked in with a girl. She was giggling and touching his arm. A lot. She looked at me and paused, tilting her head.

  "Hey, Bakugo, who's this?"

  Katsuki's laughter died down and he glanced over at me. My eyes flickered from him to the girl. My heart stung with every beat it made. He turned back to the girl and shrugged.

  "Nobody."

  My heart shattered into a million pieces. My vision swam and it felt hard to breathe. The girl giggled and attached herself once again to Katsuki's arm, stroking his face.

  "C'mon, Bakugo, I wanna play now~!" She whined, making Katsuki smirk.

  "Alright, alright, let's go then." They proceeded to walk into Katsuki's room, shutting the door. I heard moaning and squealing coming from the door, followed by grunts and growls. I couldn't take it anymore. I turned on the TV and played a loud, bass boosted rap song, turning the volume up so I could no longer hear the moans.

  'Fine. If that asshole's gonna be like that, then I'll have to keep myself busy in the meantime.'

  I grabbed my phone and dialed up a number, walking outside while it rang. The person picked up.

  "Hello?"

  "Uh, hey, Izuku? Do you wanna come over right now? I thought we could hang out! The door will be open, by the way, so feel free to walk right in!" I tried to sound as cheerful as possible as I paced back and forth outside the apartment, still feeling like absolute shit. I heard a door open from the other end.

  "O-of course, Y/N! I'll be right over!"

  I thanked him and hung up the phone, walking back inside. The song ended and once again my ears were met with the sound of grunting and loud moaning. I groaned in disgust and frustration and turned on another loud song. I sat down at the kitchen table and harshly pulled out my easel and paints.

  "H-hello!"

  I turned around to see Izuku standing in the doorway, waving at me as he walked in. A warm feeling washed over me, making me feel calmer. Sweet, fluffy haired, kind Izuku. The opposite of Katsuki. I grinned at him and motioned for him to sit at the table. He complied, fidgeting a bit.

  "You're in luck. I'm in a paintin' mood today, so I'm gonna paint you a portrait!" I exclaimed, grabbing a paintbrush and a set of paints. He sweatdropped, nervously smiling. I giggled.

  "It's good to see you, Izu-chan. I wasn't feeling my best today, but when you showed up, I felt a lot better!" I said, grabbing his hands and beaming. Izuku blushed, stammering.

  "I-I-I'll always be here for you, Y/N!" He shouted, making me laugh. I let go of his hands and picked up my brush again, dipping it into a green paint.

  A stroke of green. A splash of blue. With everything I did, I grew increasingly more frustrated. It was like all my emotions were being vented into this painting, a painting of my friend. I felt bad that I was using Izu's portrait as an outlet for my anger. I glanced at him occasionally, smiling and then going back to my painting. He stood still, red faced.

  And then with a swish of my brush, I was done.

  "Here you go! How do you like it?" I said breathily. Izuku looked at the painted canvas, astounded.

  "I-it's amazing. I can't even think of any other words to describe it, thank you for making it!" He gushed, eyes sparkling. I smiled unconsciously. Being around Izuku was good for my mood, unlike being around Katsuki.

  Why did I keep on thinking about him, anyways?

  "Alrighty!" I said, clapping my hands together. "I'd say on this special occasion, our first hang out, we should bake! What do you say?"

  Izuku nodded vigorously, eyes shining. He walked into the kitchen. The song playing ended, and I noticed that there were no longer any disgusting noises coming from my roommate's room. Instead it was replaced by muffled talking from the other side of the door. I shrugged it off and joined my friend in the kitchen as he opened the oven. He looked over at me.

  "Got any ingredients for sugar cookies?"