villains

Surprisingly, the next morning went smoothly. I lectured Katsuki as usual and teased him, while he acted like a feral animal. I was happy internally. I wouldn't have to deal with either of us being bitches to each other. And, today was my last day at work before vacation time.

I tied on my apron and started to walk out, when I stumbled and fell on my ass.

"Ow, shit..." I whined, rubbing my tailbone. Katsuki got up from the kitchen table, snickering at my misfortune.

"Dumbass. Here." He extended a hand. I looked at it and studied it. It was rough looking and had a couple of scars on it, probably from fighting villains. He cleared his throat impatiently and I finally took his hand. He yoinked me back up and I almost fell again from the amount of force used. I dusted myself off and started off toward the door.

"Thanks, Bakuhoe, smell you later."

I giggled, shutting the door on Katsuki as he began yelling. I rushed off to work, eager to start the day and train Midoriya more. He was a cool guy. A customer walked out of the bakery, holding the door open for me. I smiled politely and quickly walked inside. Michiru welcomed me with a smile.

"No need to worry about Midoriya today, dear. He's already started learning some more stuff with your help! Just be a dear and man the registers, will you?"

I nodded, peeking around the corner to see Midoriya. He had made three batches of cupcakes already, and was already making a sheet cake. Wow.

"Hi, Midoriya! Morning!" I called out to him. He jumped slightly and turned around, face red and splattered with blue frosting.

"O-oh! Y/N, I didn't know you were here! Good morning!" Midoriya stammered, making me giggle. He was a funny guy. The bell next to the entrance jingled, and I got into place. I smiled politely at the customer who walked in. He had silver hair and looked very unsettling. I internally shuddered.

"Hello, sir! What can I do for-"

"Give me all the money you guys have."

'What the fuck?'

"Sorry, what?" I asked. The man quickly turned his fingernails into needle sharp points and raised them up to my neck. Michiru quickly ran out, eyes darting from me to the man.

"Y/N, I'm gonna call for help. Do not use your quirk." She said, tone more serious than usual. Well, I was being threatened after all.

"Give. Me. The. Money."

I narrowed my eyes.

"You're seriously gonna kill me over some money? You really must be either a broke ass criminal or just dumb. Who the hell robs a bakery?" I said, wrinkling my nose up in distaste. One nail dug into my skin, drawing blood.

"Just shut up and do it, bitch." He hissed. My heart beat out of my chest. Was this really how I was gonna die?

There was a flash of green lightning and the man was slammed into a wall. I raised my head up and saw none other than the pro hero Deku, fists raised in a fighting stance. He glanced over at me.

  "Go to the back room and hide." He muttered so only I could hear. I nodded shakily and ran to the back room, only to gasp in horror. A man who looked like a snake had his tail wrapped around a writhing Michiru, holding a knife up to her throat. His amber eyes drilled into me, tongue flickering out.

  "If you want her to live, then hand over the money." He hissed. Michiru looked up at me. Her eyes looked dead, her face pale. My heart sank.

  "Don't do it...help is on the way..." She choked out. My breathing grew faster and heavier. I was desperate to save the woman who was like a mother to me.

  "I-it's just money, isn't it? I can always help earn more!" I said, faking a smile. Michiru shook her head. The man's grip grew tighter on her, making her cough weakly. My smile wavered. Her face was getting paler by the second, and the light in her eyes was fading. I cried out, sinking to the floor. Tears streamed down my face as I sobbed.

  "For God's sake, she can't breathe! I'll give you all the money right now, so just let her go!" I screamed. The snake man grinned evilly, releasing Michiru from his constricting bind. She coughed, clutching her throat and gasping for air. I quickly rushed to her side, staring down the man.

  "...the money's all in the registers. In the front." I said, voice wavering. The man licked his lips and put his knife away.

  "Well now, that wasn't so hard, was it?"

  Boom!

  The man flew backwards with the force of a large truck. My eyes widened and my head turned to the source of the explosion. A tall figure stood in the doorway, blue and red lights behind him and the sound of sirens blaring.

  Katsuki.

  "Well now, looks like grilled snake's on the menu today, huh?" He snarled, grinning maliciously. The gauntlets on his arms were smoking. His eyes darted over to me, and for a second time stopped. Katsuki looked at me with pity. My breath caught in my throat.

  We were all snapped back to reality with the sight of a tail shooting out towards me from the smoke. My mind blanked. Again, I was close to death.

  Would anyone even miss me?

  Katsuki quickly reached out and snagged the tail just in time, clenching it tightly. His teeth were gritted and sweat dropped down his neck.

  "You're not gonna touch anyone here, got it? I would kill your ass here and now, but unfortunately the fucking police are taking over from here." He growled. The scaly man squeaked and sank down against the wall. My eyes teared up again and I felt Michiru cling onto me. The police rushed into the room and quickly captured the villain, along with his partner. I felt numb and my mind blanked as the police interviewed me.

Deku and Katsuki both stood next to the chief of police, talking seriously. Deku's eyes connected with mine from under his mask. They were filled with the same pity Katsuki's held before. My heart shattered. I quickly looked away from him and stared at the nearest thing next to him.

Again, Katsuki.

He was already staring at me, but his eyes didn't hold pity, they held...sorrow? Frustration? A single tear rolled down my cheek.

I though before I'd be able to protect myself. But what's the point of having a quirk if it's as useless as mine?