One- Doctor who?

The nurse in her fine white uniform looks across the room studying the large patient record board "yes, I understand, but Doctor who?"

She turns back eyeing the older man who shrugs "just doctor..."

The nurse nods "but who?"

The older man rubs his temples in frustration as he mumbles angrily to himself, "time..."

He balls his hand into a first as the woman raises an eyebrow and looks back on the board studying as she questions "Doctor time, what kind of a joke are you getting at?"

She turns back eyeing the place in which the man was standing only to find the man had vanished. The nurse turns back in frustration eyeing the patient board one last time as she walks away from the nurse station and down a long hallway. She soon comes to a stop in front of a door and opens it slowly eyeing a man in a white lab coat standing at the edge of a hospital bed as he reads over the patient's record.

She sighs out "Doctor may I..."

The doctor raises his finger "one second I need to finish this..."

The nurse nods but interrupts unable to wait "I'm sorry but it seems the man who brought this patient has vanished..."

The Doctor nods turning back to the nurse smiling "as he said?"

The nurse steps forward "excuse me?"

The doctor waves his hand dismissing the nurse's reaction "it's just time. I'm sure that man will be back soon, perhaps not him but another..."

The nurse looks to the doctor confused "another?'

The doctor smiles at the nurse's confusion "that man is, The Doctor, haven't you ever been told about him? The man is a legend..."

The nurse crosses her arms "but who is the Doctor?"

The man laughs, "well wouldn't that be something eh? If we could know that, just who is that man in that blue box, but since I was young I learned to stop asking and just..."

Before the doctor can finish the patient sits up laughing "well wasn't that something, eh Pond?" The young man looks around the room confused and falls back passing out.

The doctor sighs to himself as he moves his attention back to reading over the papers in front of him. The nurse turns looking towards the young man on the bed as she questions the doctor, "Shouldn't you do something?

The doctor shrugs "no need, he came sedated, hallucinations are common. In a few days he will wake up realizing he could have whenever he wanted, it's a funny thing but I'm sure The Doctor had a good reason..."

The man nods to himself then looks back down as he continues reading over some papers "nurse?"

The nurse turns back to face the doctor lifting her gaze off the unmoving young man in the bed "yes sir?"

He looks up smiling at her "this patient is not to go up on the board, his name remains blank and anything that happens or occurs with this young man is reported to me and no-one else, we clear?"

The nurse questions "sir, what if someone asks?"

The man leans forward smiling "RULE 1...."