Two- The Doctor Lies

"I did not lie!" The eleventh doctor paces back and forth in the TARDIS control room looking at the small screen as he passes it by.

Clara interrupts "yes you did, you clearly said we were going somewhere and we ended up somewhere else..."

The doctor nods agreeing with Clara's observation "yes, we did, but why?" He smiles turning back to Clara and she steps back giving the doctor a strange look.

She questions, "Because you lied and wanted us to come here?"

He shakes his head "no, because someone wants us here..."

He holds up a piece of psychic paper tapping it with his finger "says so right here, although I don't recognize the handwriting. I'm pretty sure it's important..."

Clara laughs "pretty sure?"

He shrugs "only one way to find out..." He motions to the door "shall we?"

The Doctor steps through the door eyeing the large waiting room and all the people standing watching in shock as a man steps out of the now parked police phone booth. He smiles fixing his bowtie waving to the crowd in the waiting room "ah, hello..." He brings his hand to his side "just stopping in, seeing..." He looks down at the piece of psychic paper and laughs "well apparently someone..."

A nurse's voice interrupts from behind him "excuse me?"

The Doctor turns back waving towards the nurse, "well, hello..."

She shakes her head watching the strange man step towards her "who are you?"

He smiles "I'm The Doctor..."

The nurse drops her head in frustration at the current situation "not this again..."

The Doctor laughs, "Ah so I take it you know me?"

The nurse crosses her arms eyeing over the strange man in front of her "who are you here to see?"

The Doctor responds hoping to get the answer he is looking for "well I think you already know..."

The nurse leans forward "how could I know?"

The Doctor smiles "because I can tell we've meant before..."

The nurse raises an eyebrow staring at the odd man in front of her "This is the first time I am meeting you..."

He turns back to Clara confused "but before you said not this again, which implied this has happened before..."

The woman nods "yes something similar 4 weeks ago..."

The doctor nods leaning closer to the nurse "and..."

The woman crosses her arms leaning forward "he was some crazy old man..."

The doctor's face falls "old? Well, how dare you! I'll have you know I am only..."

The Doctor stops hearing Clara clear her throat. He fixes his bowtie calming down "I apologize, did this old man bring someone in?"

The woman does not answer and the Doctor leans forward "did, he?"

The woman remains quiet and the doctor bangs his hands on the large counter in frustration at the nurse's silence "is someone hurt?"

The nurse whispers, "I am not allowed to say..."

The Doctor turns his head sideways questioning, "Someone is here?" He turns back to Clara, walks over to her and she looks around questioning the doctor.

"A hospital?"

The doctor nods "I think someone is hurt, or in trouble. We need to find out who I brought here and why..."

Clara turns towards the doctor "you brought someone here?"

The doctor nods "an older me, that is who obviously sent me this..."

He opens the psychic paper "it doesn't say any details on what to do when I got here just the hospital and a date..."

Clara nods "so why not just ask?"

The doctor nods in agreement "because I believe whoever it is wouldn't just be left here..."

Clara questions, "Why do you think that?"

The doctor taps on the psychic paper "read the last line"

Clara turns her head sideways "The silence is coming?"

The doctor nods "yes but not after me, but why not me?" The doctor yells out "I'm here, now!"

Clara interrupts grabbing the doctor's attention "we need to find whoever is here and help them..."

The doctor smiles "I need you to distract the nurse, I'll find whoever it is..."

Clara looks at the Doctor confused "but how will you know? "

The Doctor smiles tapping his temple "I can sense it..."

Clara questions, "sense what?"

The doctor grows quiet "It's not important, not now, not here, if the silence is coming, then they are already here..."

The doctor nods to Clara and she begins talking to the nurses as the Doctor slips by them and into the back rooms. He stops in front of the door and scans it with a screwdriver. He smiles to himself "I can hear you, what are the questions you're asking?"

The Doctor walks into the room and stops hearing the sound of a gun charge and a low voice huff out in what sounds like pain "don't even move..."

The Doctor turns back eyeing the young man in the white lab coat holding a gun but the young man lowers his gun when he sees the Doctor's face. He motions to the young man still unconscious in the bed "I thought you were one of them, those soldiers, I killed two, but..."

The Doctor looks down eyeing the man in the white doctor's coat clutch his bleeding side and questions him "who are you?"

The man slides down sitting on the floor "it's a funny thing I pictured my death to be in this grand battle protecting some planet, or race. It's kind of funny of all the places to die..." The man coughs out wiping the blood from his lips smiling "but oh doctor what an adventure we had, and yet look at you not a day older than when we first meant..."

The Doctor questions "but we..."

The man smiles " today doctor, I die proud, proud to be called a friend of the..."

The man clutches his side in pain "take the boy, I injected him with high doses of Adrenalin he will awake soon and once he does you listen doctor and do as River Song would say..."

The man laughs, "run your stupid boy and protect, protect..."

The Doctor watches as the man's head drops. He scans him with his screwdriver and sighs placing his hand over the man's eyes, closing them. He gets up and turns to eye the young man now sitting up in the bed. The young man blinks adjusting his eyes to the scene in front of him "what did I miss?"