Chapter One: The New Head-girl

Hermione Granger never thought this day would come, Hogwarts had been rebuilt and on her 7th year, she was chosen by Professor McGonagall as Head girl and she couldn't be happier, she had authority and freedom, she wore her badge with confidence and pride as students from the lower years gave her respect and admiration. Harry and Ron weren't at school with her, they were training to become Aurors while Hermione decided to finish her education, it was always her priority, that's why she was so enthusiastic when she received her letter from Hogwarts, saying that she was chosen as head girl. She had been staying at the Burrow with Harry and the Weasley's until her parents' memories would be revived, it wasn't easy for her, knowing her parents couldn't remember their own daughter. Being at Hogwarts felt like home more than ever, it gave her hope and it made her escape from her empty life at home.

"Congratulations, Hermione, " said Ginny. "Professor McGonagall was right to choose you."

"Thanks, Gin, " She smiled. All of her fellow Gryffindors were congratulating her, they must have heard the news. It was good to see their familiar faces, it made her feel even lighter, but even with all the spotlight she was getting, she still felt secluded. This year isn't gonna be the same without Ron and Harry, they have been through together for all these years and now, it felt like a piece of her was taken away. She sighed at the thought of her realization. Whenever Hermione had many things to think about, she always went to the library, it was her dwelling and a place where she can get a piece of mind. She got a book that seemed interesting to read and found an empty desk, she immediately sat down and started browsing through the pages, the familiar fragrant of parchment filled her nose.

Hermione wasn't the only one who went to the library to find some inner peace, at the other end of the library, Draco Malfoy was skimming through books trying to distract his racing thoughts. His friends never understood what he felt but they acted as if they did, It was hard for him to adjust since the war but tried not to think about it too much. Hogwarts felt like the right place for him, he wanted to begin a second chance for change. When he saw the Brunette on the other end of the library, he felt a flicker of hope was about to happen, Draco had stopped reading his book and gazed at her longingly.

For the first time, Hermione couldn't understand what she was reading, which was very unusual, she felt uneasy, like she was being watched out of the corner of her eye, instinctively she turned around to see the blond boy he knew. She didn't feel any bitterness or a bit of anger, instead, she felt something else. Both Draco and Hermione didn't realize how they gazed at each other's eyes longer than they should have, she felt sheepish, her cheeks radiated, she immediately looked away and scanned her books as she pretended to look busy. Draco managed a smirk on his lips.

It was a very tiring day for Hermione, she helped the first years on their way around the castle, she assisted the perfects and lectured students who broke their house regulations, she had to take away some points, even from her own house which was hard for her. She only had little time to relax, on her way around the castle, she decided to take a bath at the Prefect's lavatory, it would take away her mind off things for a while. She went inside the large room and as if in a cue, the candles we're immediately lit and the whole room flooded with soft light.
The water from the faucets started gushing, and one by one she slowly removed her clothes, dropping them to the floor now she was only wearing her black underclothing. The clear blue pool was now immediately filled with bubbles, she dipped inside and enjoyed the water freely roaming to her body. She felt like she had nothing to worry, her tense body was now calm, for the first time since she arrived at Hogwarts, she finally felt relaxed, she closed her eyes for a minute savouring the moment.

When the door suddenly made a loud creaking noise, Oh no, she forgot to lock the door.

"Mind if I join you?" Said a pompous voice. It was Malfoy's.