Chapter Six: Not A Date

They stepped outside in the orange horizon, the sun was about to set, the cold breeze blowup
g ruffled their hair. The autumn leaves on the trees and the fallen ones on the ground matched the sky. They silently walked side by side, the only thing they heard was the crunching of the leaves as they walk every step, it was a satisfying sound on their ears. Both looked around, making sure that no one was seeing them together.

"Is she your girlfriend?" Hermione interrupted the silence.

"Where did that come from?" He said. Without mentioning any name, he knew exactly who she meant.

"Just curious." She said.

"Of course not," He said with a disgusted look on his face.

"It definitely looks like it, with all the snogging and public affections," she said.

"Granger, the things I do with Pansy are just for entertainment." He shrugged, "Use and throw away."

"That"s awful!"

"How about you and Weasel? You're together but I never really see you doing what I and Pansy do."

Hermione was silent for a moment as she contemplated what he said.

"He shows no emotion," He continued.

"Are you saying Ron's not romantic?" she scoffed.

"Sure, and I'm also saying that he doesn't have pride when it comes to you. He's embarrassed." He said.

"Embarrassed?" she snarled. "First of all, we don't show public affections like that, it's disgusting. Second, Ron is romantic, he cares and he always worries about me."

Draco rolled his eyes as he deepened his hands into his pockets.

"Is he a good kisser?" He asked with a smirk.

"Why would you ask me that? She glared, " Relationship isn't built on how good you kiss, it's built on trust and honesty and--"

"You didn't answer my question." He interrupted.

"It's none of your business, Malfoy" she snarled.

"So, which one of us is better at it?" He sniggered

Hermione shooked her head with disgust and annoyance. Why did she ever agree to go with him? After all the things he had done.

"I'm just saying, you two don't really match."

"You don't know anything about us or anything about our relationship, " she said.

"Yeah, right." He said, mockingly.

"And I think we're a great match. We have a connection, a spark." Hermione said, trying to prove her point.

"Ugh, what fairy tale books do you read?," Draco let out and rolled his eyes, this kind of talk disgusted him. He acted as if he wasn't frightened of anything but the truth is, he always feared commitment and he despised emotional relationships. Like how her mother was madly in love with his father so much, she was deprived to do things she didn't want, and now his family was broken, and neither of them knows how to fix it.

"What we have is happy that you will never have if you treat a girl like rubbish," Hermione said.

"I don't need a girl to spend my entire life with. I'm a guy that--"

"I know," She interrupted, "Use and throw away."

"Exactly," Draco said. She didn't know what to say or how to react but she expected this behaviour from Draco, he probably snogged half of the girls in the school. For a few moments of talking, they arrived at the small village, it was getting a little darker, street lamps were already lit and no students we're on sight. Drac led the way, both of them entered The Three Broomsticks and ordered two Butterbeers, where they were seated at a secluded corner.