Chapter Five: Green As Envy

Hermione felt her headache as she stood wakeful from her bed, she squinted her eyes as the sunlight shone brightly from the window. Last night was still fresh from her mind and she couldn't get it out from her head. She press her hands toward her forehead comfortingly, feeling regretful than ever, she felt stupid exposing herself to Draco Malfoy, of all people, it had to be him. There were many things nothing Hermione couldn't handle, but drinking was not one of them, she felt nauseous and dizzy, Bu it didn't stop her from missing a day in class. She reluctantly got ready for the morning, she didn't bother taking a bath, instead, she just brushed her hair and tied it into a messy ponytail, she brushed her teeth and wore her uniform she tried to look presentable but the tiredness in her eyes was visible as she was staring at her reflection.

"Morning, you. You look exhausted" Ginny greeted as Hermione descended from the stairs to the common room, some students were already there, chatting and some doing their school work.

"Just tired of my duties, that's all." She didn't bother to greet her and just gave her a usual smile.

"Are you hungry?" She asked. "Come on, let's eat."

Both girls were babbling about their plans, Ginny especially, was babbling about Harry, it made Hermione a bit annoyed, mostly because she couldn't stop talking about it or the part, how perfect their relationship was and it made her seem that she was rubbing it on her face, but she knew she didn't mean it, Ginny always speaks on her mind.

"He sends me an owl post almost every day!" Ginny said.

"He must really love you, Gin," Hermione said, it was true. Harry and Ginny were like the power couple at their school, everyone admired them.

"I guess so, " Ginny smiled widely. "Enough about me, how about you?"

"Me?"

"I meant Ron, " Ginny said. "How's everything going on with the both of you?"

Ron. Hermione has forgotten about him, Oh, God. He didn't know what happened between her and Draco! She had completely forgotten that she has a boyfriend, a boyfriend who loves her. How was she gonna tell him? Guilt and pain returned which made the pit of her stomach ached, but she tried not to show the distress on her face to Ginny, she needed to be strong.

"Hermione?"

Hermione snapped back from her thoughts. She didn't realize how she just stood there, petrified.

"Are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost." She teased.

"Nothing. I just got many things on my mind lately, " Hermione explained.

"Well, if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask me," Ginny said.

Both of the girls sat down at the enormous Gryffindor table, and as if in the cue, the whole table was filled with delicious food; pancakes, bacon, eggs, juices and bowl of fruits. They immediately dug in, Hermione didn't realize how hungry she was until she was hogging all of it.

"Hey girls, " Seamus greeted as he sat right next to Hermione.

"Hey, " Both girls replied.

"Seamus!" Dean called out, he strutted to sit with the three of them. "Not flirting with Hermione are we?"

"Oi, shut up Dean." Seamus shooked his head. Hermione gave both of them a puzzled look.

"Don't mind him, Hermione, he's just jealous because of all the 5th years are swooning over me." Seamus bragged.

"In your dreams." Dean scowled and grabbed himself some bacon and filled his plates with all kinds of food.

Ginny just shooked her head. While Hermione's eyes were lingering at the far side of the room, the Slytherin tables. Draco was poking at his food when he looked up and glanced on Hermione but her sight was fixed upon Pansy Parkinson who was clinging on his arm, It was a nauseating sight. Draco wore his usual smug smirk as their eyes met for a brief moment before she immediately looked away. Disgusting, she thought.