Chapter Seven: Knowing

Hermione has been ignoring Draco for the past two weeks. Every time he accidentally stares at her in class, she gives him a death glare that makes him look away and roll his eyes. She was furious and disappointed at the same time since that incident happened, she really thought he was serious for a moment, joke or not, it made every bit of her body despise him.

Twelve O'clock, the Great Hall was filled with students who flooded the room with distinct chatters. They were all busy eating their lunch and talking about their day, except for Hermione who was reading Harry's letter which she was eager to open since this morning. She carefully peeled the emblem and read what the letter said.

Dear Hermione,

I hope you're well, how's everything going on?
Ron and I are doing great, training to be an Auror isn't easy but we can manage. How's school? Good, I hope, I know you will always top the class, you've got a lot going on now that you're Head girl, Ron and I are proud, Molly even thinks so.
You've got a lot of responsibility on your shoulders, do me a favour Hermione and try to enjoy school as possible as you can, it's not forever.

Yours truly,
Harry

Hermione couldn't contain her smile, Harry was such a dear friend. She hoped that it will always be like this for the rest of their lives. She put the paper back into its envelope and kept it on her bookbag.

"From Ron, I assume?" Ginny asked from across the table, dressed in her Quidditch robes.

"It's Harry's, " Hermione answered. "He just asked if I was okay, "

Ginny nodded and continued to eat her food. Ginny was the captain of the Quidditch team, she was always the competitive type, she would aim to win every match, that's why they would practice every two days a week and sometimes more often. It was her favourite thing to do and she would dedicate her life to it.

"Ron rarely writes to me, " Hermione added, taking a bite of her sandwich.

"That's not good, " Stammered Neville as awkward as he always is who was sitting beside her.

"What kind of a guy doesn't send letters to his girlfriend?" Pavarti joined the conversation.

Hermione thought of that for a while, but she just shook it off as Ron being Ron. She knew him all too well, they've been friends since first year. "That's just Ronald, " Hermione simply said.

"Yes, and he's an idiot," Ginny said. "No offence, Hermione." Ginny and Ron were always like cats and dogs, they fought in a sisterly and brotherly way, so it was normal for Ginny to talk about her brother like that.

"I guess he's just not that type, huh?" Pavarti said. Yes. Hermione could say that their relationship is dull, not much really to talk about, but they love each other dearly and that's what matters.

"Don't you have herbology today?" Hermione changed the subject. She saw Pavarti's timetable a while ago and learned her schedule for the remainder of today.

"That's right, " said Pavarti, remembering, "I think I better go, "

"Let's go together, I have Transfiguration, " said Hermione.

Both girls said their goodbyes before leaving for their classes, Hermione's classroom was just on the way to the greenhouse. She was always 10 minutes early, so it wasn't unusual to see that she was the only student in the room. As always, she was seated in the middle of the front row where she can be close to hear the professor's lecture, to keep her occupied she read her unfinished book, which was 5five pages left.