The Reception

Everything was a blur, of talking to people, taking pictures, and walking through camp. The only solid thing I remembered from the time after the ceremony was Percy, and my deep overwhelming love for him. I was Mrs. Seaweed Brain.

During the ceremony, some of the dryads, nymphs, and satyrs, had set up the reception. The camp was decorated with blue banners, and balloons. Tables and chairs had been set out in the field, and a big long table for the people in the wedding was at the top of the hill. Festive light had been hung up around the cabins and big house, to illuminate the camp. It was perfect.

Percy and I held hands as we walked to the long table on the hill. It was all so surreal, that I could get my happy ending. I still half expected a horde of monsters to attack the camp.

"What are you thinking about?" asked Percy. I turned to look at him. His deep blue tux brought out his sea green eyes. He was beautiful. I smiled.

"I'm thinking about how impossible this all is."

"I think we need to make a pact- no more quests. Unless absolutely necessary. To make sure we are always safe and together." Percy said, leaning in closer to me. He smiled big.

"I agree." I whispered, leaning in all the way. I kissed Percy, he hugged me tight. He tasted sweet and refreshing. Every kiss from him made me feel better, and happier. And now I would get to kiss him for the rest of my life.

"We should probably get to the table." I whispered against his cheek.

"Agreed." he whispered back.

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

With that we turned to the table, and walked to it holding hands. On one side sat Piper, Hazel, Reyna, and Thalia, my bridesmaids. And the other side sat Leo, Tyson, Frank, and Nico, the groomsmen. Tyson was Percy's best man. He told me how for a bachelor party, Tyson took them to the lake to look at the fishies.

I sat down next to Piper and Percy. Every seat had plates and silverware already. "Your married now!" she squeaked happily. Her brown hair was in a braid that fell down along her shoulder. She was smiling at me.

"Yep!" I smiled back, straightening my dress and looking out at the tables. I saw many familiar faces, like Will, Chiron, Grover, Calypso and more. They were all smiling and laughing. It was a happy day. The happiest, most unproblematic, day. Days like this were rare in the life of a demigod.

But hopefully Percy and I would have more days like this. I was still doing college in New Rome, and we were going to buy a house there. We would live peacefully, and maybe start a family. It all still felt like a distant, impossible dream. But it was a dream that was becoming reality.

I heard a clanking sound, and looked over to see Leo standing up. He was tapping his drink with a spoon.

"I would like to make a toast!" he announced.

Oh gods.

Percy looked at me with a worried face. I shrugged.

"I've known Percy and Annabeth for a long time- we went on a great trip to Rome! Well- it was great all except for Gaea threatening to destroy the gods and take over the world!" He smiled, and some people chuckled.

"And the entire time I've known them, it was clear they were perfect for each other. They're the perfect couple! Almost as awesome as me in Calypso!" he winked in Calypso's direction. I glanced and saw shake her head, looking embarrassed. Her face was read. I laughed, and looked back to Leo.