The Defense

I turned the knob, and warm water spilled out of the bathtub faucet. Percy lay I the tub, blood coating his torso. I locked every door and window in the house. I had propped up the front door, and moved the couch in front of it to hold it in place. The monsters could still get in, but it would hold them back.

Percy groaned, and grabbed his side. Not wasting anytime, I ripped his shirt off and examined the wound. It ran along the right side of his torso, and was cut deep. Blood kept coming out of it, and wouldn't stop. The water in the tub turned pink, and Percy looked at me pleadingly.

"It's going to be alright." I said, kneeling down next to him. I grabbed his ripped shirt, and used it to apply pressure to the wound. Being in water should help him heal even faster. I could already tell the bleeding was slowing, and Percy seemed to be hurting less.

I held the shirt down onto the wound, and said a prayer to Athena. Please Mom, help us. My hands and shirt were coated in blood, some from Percy, and some from myself. My head was pounding from hitting the wall, and I felt gross, hot, and sticky. But, my wounds could wait; Percy's was worse, and he needed attention.

The bleeding had lessened by about ten times, and I continued to put pressure on it. Percy's face twisted with pain, but I could tell it wasn't as bad as before. The water was definitely helping.

CRASH! BANG!

I jumped, and kept one hand on Percy as I grabbed the hilt of my sword. I stared at the door, listening for any other sounds. I remained staring at the door for a second, before returning my attention back to Percy. I still gripped the sword hilt, ready to defend Percy and I against any dracaena who go to us.

Percy started to sit up more in the tub, and I heard another bang. I ignored it, and helped Percy sit up. His wound had stopped bleeding, and was slowly healing. If I could hold of the monsters for long enough, he could be healed almost completely. He could be healed well enough to help fight their way through the dracaenae in the house.

I put the shredded shirt on the floor next to me, and looked at Percy. "Stay here, in the water, so you heal. I'll fight off the dracaenae." I stood at faced the door. It was on the left of the tub, and I raised the sword.

I couldn't let them get in the bathroom. Percy was in here healing, and it wouldn't be safe. The best way to keep them away, would be leaving the room and fighting them off. I slowly crept towards the door, and held my sword in a battle stance.

"Where are you going?" Percy asked, concerned.

"We can't risk the dracaenae getting in here, your still injured. I'll keep them away from the door." I said, still staring at the door. I reached my hand out and grabbed the brass doorknob, twisting it slowly.

"Annabeth! It's too dangerous!" Percy said, and he started to stand up. I let go of the knob and faced him. He clutched his side where the wound was. It was still bad, but it had healed some.

"Percy sit down! You know this is the smartest thing to do." I responded, and Percy looked down, thinking.

He nodded slowly. "Yeah, I guess you're right." He leaned forward and kissed me, before returning to the tub. Part of his torso, and his legs were soaked from the tub. "But be careful. I just married you, I can't lose you."

"I swear I will." I said, turning back to the door.

BANG!

I heard slithering. Lots of it. How many dracaenae were out there? I grabbed the door knob, turned it, and opened the door. Before a dracaenae could try and get inside, I jumped into the hallway, and shut it behind me.