The Plane (Part Two)

"Ouch!" I yelled. Percy had jumped off the couch, and I fell onto the floor.

"I'm sorry!" Percy said, offering a hand to help me up. I grabbed it, and when I stood, I could feel the floor was angled slightly down towards the front of the plane.

"Are we landing?" I asked, but as soon as I did, I heard a hiss. Dracaenae! So much for a peaceful honeymoon. "What's going on? Is that a dracaenae!?" I looked at Percy, worried. My hair had come out of the ponytail, and was in my face. I pushed it back with my hand.

"I don't know! I heard a scream, and I jumped up, and then I heard a sword clanging!" Percy said frantically, walking slowly to the back of the cabin. I bent down and opened my carry on bag. It had fallen on the floor. I quickly searched through it, throwing books and things on the floor.

"Here!" I said pulling out a celestial bronze dagger. I had brought it just in case. I turned to see Percy pulling out a pen from his bag. "Don't bring out riptide! The plain is big but not big enough. There are to many people you might accidentally hurt someone!" Percy cursed, and put them pen in his pocket.

"Okay, then what do I do!?" He yelled, waving his arms.

"Stay here!" I said, and turned to the door. Percy grabbed my arm.

"Annabeth, it's too dangerous! I just married you I can't lose you!" he shouted, a worried expression on his face.

"I'll be fine! We don't have time to waste, the plane will crash!" I yelled, yanking my arm away, and sliding open the door.

Chiron's cabin was like ours, but smaller, and not as fancy. I saw books scattered across the floor, and Chiron in his wheelchair. With the uneven ground, it had rolled to the wall on the front side of the plane, right next to the door to the cockpit. He held a sword. A dracaenae towered over him, carrying a shield and spear. Chiron did what he could to block the attacks, but with the dracaenae had a big advantage. He looked tired, and out of breath. A cut bled on his cheek.

The dracaenae whipped her head around, and hissed at me. It's slimy, serpent tail was green, and it's face was very angled with sharp features. "I'm going to kill you!" it shouted. It was the same voice that had talked over the speakers. It swung it's spear and me, and I ducked, and slid towards it. I swung to slice at it's serpent tail, but it moved out of the way, and hit my head with the shield. I instantly dropped the knife and grabbed my head. It was pounding, and hurt like hades. I slide down the floor, and through the door to the cockpit.

The cockpit was small, and had two seats. In one was the man from before, with a big, bleeding hole in his chest. I looked around for the dagger, and saw the blade glinting on the floor in Chiron's cabin. It had slid against the wall, and part of the blade stuck out into the area by the doorframe. I pulled my hand away from my head to see it covered in blood. I couldn't get scared thought, I didn't have time. I dove forward, and grabbed onto the blade. It cut my hand, and more blood ran down my wrist. I winced, and tried to stand up.

The dracaenae laughed, and hit my in the stomach with the spear shaft. I doubled over, and fell back into the cockpit. This time I had been standing and slammed into the controls. My back ached. I must have control wheel, because the plane went even more vertical. I fell back, slamming into the windshield. I heard Percy and Chiron screaming, and the dracaenae fell down into the cockpit. It landed on the windshield on it's side, and I quickly stabbed it in the throat. With a shocked expression on its face, the dracaenae exploded into dust.

I didn't have a moment to spare, and I turned down to look through the windshield. The plane was almost completely vertical, and it was plummeting right at the city of Rome.