The Plane (Part One)

Piper had woken Percy and I up where we fell asleep on the porch. "Come on guys! The jet will be here in a half hour!" she called. I jumped up, and ran to my cabin, my feet tickled by the grass. Piper's dad was letting us borrow a private jet for our flight to Rome.

I had already packed my stuff for the trip, but I still needed to get ready for the day. I pulled my dress off, and put on shorts, and a simple t-shirt. I threw the dress on the bed. It was wrinkled, and dirty from the night before. After I got shoes on, I started undoing my braids. The bun had started to fall out during the reception, and it was all the way undone by the time I had woken up. I brushed it real quick, and pulled it back in a ponytail.

I brushed my teeth, and ran out of the cabin. Percy and Piper were already there, sitting on the porch. "There she is!" he said, standing. Piper stood too. I smiled.

"I'm going to miss you two! Don't forget to call!" Piper said, walking up to me and hugging me. I hugged her back. I saw Hazel, Frank and Leo coming this way. I stepped back from Piper and waved. Hazel and Frank waved back, but Leo bent down and ran full speed to the cabin. We all laughed.

"I'm going to miss you guys! Remember the offer is still up to take Festus! It would make him so happy!" Leo smiled, and we laughed.

"The only reason you want us to take Festus, is because that means you would come to. Your the only one who can ride him good." said Percy, putting an arm on his shoulder. "And not that we don't want you there, but we don't." Leo laughed.

"Okay fine!"

Hazel and Frank got to the porch now, and they were holding hands. "So," Piper began, "do you two plan on getting married anytime soon." Hazel laughed and smiled at Piper. Frank, on the other hand, turned bright red. He awkwardly laughed, and I gave him a quizzical look. Interesting.

"Anyway- make sure you call!" Hazel said letting go of Frank's hand. She walked up to me and gave me a hug, her bushy hair in my face. She pulled back, and then Frank was hugging me also. Percy laughed, and exchanged hugs with them too.

"Well, we better go! We have a reservation for later tonight, and don't want to miss them." Percy said.

"You planned dinner on the first day, right after the plane ride? Don't you want to get to the hotel and unpack?" Hazel asked.

"Yeah, but we can always unpack later. Also, our hotel check in is later tonight so we need something to do while we wait." Percy laughed. I smiled, and held his hand. Everyone said bye, and we took off through the camp. On our way, we saw Nico and Will.

"Hey!" I waved.

Nico looked up, and waved.

"Hi," called Will, "have fun in Rome!" He smiled, and held Nico's hand.

"We will!" shouted Percy, smiling.

Percy and I walked through the forest, and met up with Chiron part way. The morning light shone through the tree branches, making the forest beautiful.

When we got past the camp border and to the jet, a big, broad shouldered man with piercing blue eyes, and a shaved head took our luggage and put it in the jet.

"I'm so excited!" I said. The architecture in Rome was to die for! Everything was so detailed and intricate. I could wander the city and star at everything for hours, and not get bored, admiring everything down to the simple curve of an arch. Rome was an architect's dream. It was my dream.

Percy smiled, and squeezed my hand. "So am I, Wise Girl." I laughed.

"You may now board the jet." said the man, in a deep, rough voice. Chiron, Percy, and I approached it, and made our way up the ramp. Chiron was in his wheelchair, as a disguise to the mortals.

The outside of the jet was white, with blue outlining. It was longer than I thought it would be. The inside was even better. Percy and I got a private cabin in the back, and the big man led us through the jet. Chiron had a big area all to himself. I would probably come out and say hello at one point. Rome was a long flight, and we only had two stops to refuel along the way. One right before we crossed the Atlantic, and one in Spain.

The room for Percy and I was like a limo. One wall and back were lined with a nice, leather couch. Cup holder were built into it after everyone cushion, but the cushions were long. The couch was tan, and the walls were a bright white. There was even charging stations, if you had a phone, but neither Percy or I did. I smiled at Percy. It was amazing! We both dropped our carry on bags onto the couch.

"If you would like an snacks or have problems, press this button. I will come here to get your request." the man said. Then he listed a bunch of safety exits and stuff, but I didn't listen. I examined the cabin even more, and saw a built in wall tablet. I would check that out later.

"... and that is all. Enjoy the flight." the man finished, smiling. He walked over to the door, each step making a big thud, and exited. Before he closed it I saw Chiron peak out his head and wave, a book in his hand. I waved back, smiling.

The door slid shut, and Percy and I were alone.

"I wonder what this does?" I said, walking over to the wall tablet, by the door.

"Let's check it out." Percy said from behind me. I examined the tablet, and found lots of things. It could control the vents, and lighting. With a quick few taps, I turned the lighting a bright red.

Percy laughed. "Here let me see." I moved out of the way, and he looked at the tablet. He touched a button, and the lighting turned blue. "That's better!" he smiled.

I laughed.

"We are now taking off, please put on sit down and put on your seat belts." a female voice said through the speakers. Percy and I did as instructed, and sat at the back of the cabin, holding hands.

"Our honeymoon is about to start!" he said, excited.

I smirked. "I would say it starts when we get to the destination, not the plane"

"The plane ride is a part of the vacation, especially when it's 8 hours long."

"Make sense, I guess." I laughed. The plane started to move. After a minute, it started to go fast, and kept speeding up. Percy and I were pushed back in our seats, and sat their laughing and holding hands. The plan shot up, and our Honeymoon began.

After the plane had been going up for a few minutes, the speaker turned on again. "The plane is in the air, and you may unbuckle." said the same female voice.

Percy and I unbuckled at the same time. "So, what do you want to do?" he asked. I smiled, and kissed him.

Time on the plane passed quickly. Before I knew it, were were stopping to refuel, and on our way across the ocean. We were halfway through the Atlantic in what felt like an instant. Percy and I were laying, cuddled up in a blanket on the couch.

"I love you" he whispered.

"I love you too, Seaweed brain." I laughed. Not long after, we fell both fell asleep in eachothers arms. I slept peacefully, and dreamlessly, which is very rare for a demigod. But when I woke up I would live a nightmare.