The Defeat (Part Two)

It was like an ocean wave was rolling under us. I tried to move my foot out of the way of the dracaenae, in case one decided to drag me down. I would surely die within seconds in the stampede.

    Percy ran down the passage, and the monsters trailed him. He glanced back to me again, and our eyes met. He face was full of emotions. Shock, pain, sadness, and even more. I started to tear up, and yelled at Percy to run.

    "Now," Stheno said, "I'll take you back to my sisters." The gorgon laughed, and I wanted to vomit. I saw Percy take a right, and felt better. He was closer to the door now. He would live. But, I could not say the same for myself.

    Stheno turned, and started to fly over the gorgons, back to the big room. I hung there, unmoving. The only good thought I had was that Percy would be safe. He would get out, and be near water to hold off the monsters.

    The crowd of dracaenae under us started to deteriorate, and soon only a few ran down the passage. Stheno slowly landed, and she finally hit the ground. I stumbled, and almost fell, but the gorgon held me up with a claw. She grabbed my hands behind my back, and poked a claw at me with the other hand. I walked down the passage, doing as she instructed. There was no use fighting. I was weaponless, and greatly outnumbered.

    "Medusa will be so happy when she sees I got you!" Stheno laughed, but I ignored her. We continued to walk down the passage in silence. My head was bleeding again, and so was my shoulder. But nothing I couldn't handle. The mud squished with every step, and I looked down to see my shoes coated in it. I looked up and kept walking.

    We reached the end of the passage, and turned left into the throne room. I looked down at the floor, not risking even looking at the thrones. "I got one!" Stheno chanted, and the dracaenae all looked up at her. Even though tons had just chased Percy and I down the hall, there were still a lot in the room.

    Stheno's halted, and pressed her claw tighter into my side. I winced, but tried to ignore it. I slowly started to look up, making sure I didn't look at Medusa.

    "Only one?" a familiar voice demanded. Medusa. "I wanted to see both demigods!"

    "Yes, yes I know! But you originally planned just to kill them, so one should be fine!" Stheno pleaded.

    "Yes, that's before I knew they were in the cavern! I sent you out there to get them both! I knew I should have sent Euryale" Medusa shouted, angry. Stheno took a step back, dragging me with her. The dracaenae in the room looked frightened. But, Euryale looked proud, because of the complement.

"I'm sorry, sister. I can go get the other one, if you'd like." Stheno said, her voice shaky.

"Yes, yes. Lock the girl up for now. I want the boy to watch her die. His emotions will also make for an interesting statue." My eyes widened, and I tried to move away from the gorgon. But, she yanked me back. Something hard hit me in the head, and I collapsed to the ground. My vision faded, and I went unconscious.

When I woke up, I was in a cage. I felt like my head was exploding, and buried my face in my arms. How had I gotten here? All I wanted was a nice, peaceful honeymoon with Percy. And I ended up with this mess.

I rubbed my eyes, and sat up. The cage was metal, and was against the wall next to the thrones. I could see the back of them. I stared at the room, to see it swarming with dracaenae. Where was Percy? Was he okay?

My question was answered when Stheno walked into the throne room. She held Percy's wrist, and pulled his unconscious body on the floor behind her. He was bruised and bloody. His blue shirt was ripped. How long had he fought before he was captured?