The Statue

A month later a 15 ft. tall statue of Chiron sat right outside the big house. Leo had constructed a platform, raising it high enough to be seen all around the camp. It was made of imperial gold, and depicted Chiron jumping into the air, aiming his bow at the sky. It had been sculpted with great detail, with help from some of the more artistic children of Athena.

    Percy and I stood below it, marvelling at the statue. A huge bronze plaque covered the front each side of the base, and each side said the same thing:

Vale praepete Chiron, et eos, qui mortuus est Romae

You will be missed

    The words were huge, and covered the entire length of the plaque. It basically meant "Goodbye Chiron, and those you died in Rome."    

    The Statuam Chiron, which is what the campers had started calling it, was always glowing. During the day, it reflected the sun, and was bright. During the sun rise, it reflected the colors of the sky, and at night, it reflected the moonlight. It looked like it was shining, and campers continued to leave offerings around the base, a week after the statue had finished being built.

    The ground around it was littered with old weapons, and flowers, and other random, personal items.

    I rubbed my stomach, and felt the tiny bump. I had first realised I was pregnant the day after the funeral, and was not enjoying it. It was uncomfortable, and I always felt sick. Today was the first time in weeks I had actually showered and gotten ready.

    We had been staying in the Poseidon Cabin. We would need to get a house in New Rome before the baby came, but there was no rush. The cabin was nice, and we had it all to ourselves.

    Piper had gotten a house in New Rome already though. She planned on raising Calliope there, but when she got old enough, to send her to Camp Half-Blood for the summers. We didn't know specifically if she was a child of Jupiter or Zeus, but since she had come from Rome, we assumed it was Jupiter. Piper was a great mom already, and Calliope was wonderful. There had been a few times, when she had gotten worked up, she had caused lightning to strike. No one had gotten hurt, but it was clear she would be powerful when she was older.

    I sighed, thinking of my dream again. Since I'd been pregnant, I'd had the same dream. I still couldn't wrap my mind around it. We knew Calliope had lightning abilities, and was a daughter of Zeus or Jupiter. But why was she destroying his cabin then? I thought about it a lot. But, in the dream, Calliope was much older. She had looked around 20. There was plenty of time to figure it out.

    I stepped towards the base of the statue and kneeled. I held out my arm and dropped my blue yankees cap. I wouldn't be needing it, since we were settling, and I wanted to give something touching to Chiron. Everynight, a few campers came and burned the offerings that had been left that day. My cap would be with him for eternity.

    I stepped back, and leaned against Percy.

    "How are you doing?" Percy asked, squeezing my hand.

    I smiled. "I feel better than I have since Rome." I turned to Percy, and he held

me against him, our faces inches apart.

    "I'm sorry about what happened. With the wedding, and everything." he said, frowning.

    "It's not your fault." Before Percy could say something, I leaned in and kissed him. I felt him run his hand through my hair, and I held his face in my hands.

    Rome was behind us. Now we could live in New Rome. We could start a family. Everything was working out. And not just for us. Hazel and Frank were now engaged, and a few days ago, Hazel had announced she was pregnant, too. I was here, in Percy's arms, and we were kissing. We were happy. And I prayed to the Gods we always would be from here on out.

    I had everything I had always wanted. I was Mrs. Seaweed Brain.

The End