Chapter Twelve

"Things seem to be going pretty well with Kal", Dorthy said, as we watched Coach Ross scream at the team, the vein in his neck pulsing. 

I couldn't look away, he seriously was going to have an heart attack. 

I shrugged, "it's been two weeks, so far. Everyday he pushes me a little closer to murder, but at least I haven't had to throw anymore women out of his room in the middle of the night. He's like a fucking magnet for females, I honestly have not seen anything quite like it." I snorted, watching his extremely athletic body, make quick work of sprinting down the field. 

"Really? He's not been bringing an endless supply of women into his hotel rooms?" she asked, watching me. 

I tried not to start sweating, "nope. He ... would have to be sleeping in his room ... for that" I finished slowly feeling her entire attention focusing on me. 

We sat in silence. 

"Valerie, what in the hell are you saying to me right now? Because I'm hearing you've been getting dicked down by Kal fucking Kingston for the past three weeks and I'm just hearing about it." Dorthy hissed lowly, her eyes wide and wild and she leaned over me. 

I shook my head hard, desperately praying no one was listening in on our conversation. 

"No. No. No. No! We have not been having sex! I've-we've just been ... sleeping together ... every night since the Germany game" I finished slowly, watching as Dorth began wheezing. "But just sleeping! With clothes on ... usually, he does try to walk in with only his fucking underwear on" her wheezing intensified, "but I don't let him! Stop wheezing, Dorthy!" I hissed. 

"Oh my god! Holy shit, Val!" Dorthy gaped at me, "he likes you!" she shook me, looking shocked shitless. 

I batted her away from me, "he does not. We do not. I just keep him in my bed so that he isn't ... sleeping with some other girl" I closed my eyes to erase the image of Dorthy's face lighting up. "Please stop smiling like that." 

She punched me in the arm, nearly making me drop out of my seat, "this is great, Val."

"I'm regretting telling you anything at this point" I sighed watching Preston and Kal laugh at something together, even a few of the other members stepping closer and joining along. 

Things had taken a turn for the better. 

Since we shared a bed now, it gave me at least and hour to talk to him every night before I began snoring into my pillow. 

I threatened him with death if he didn't start passing the fucking soccer ball in the games. It was so obvious his team mates hated him for never passing the ball and always stealing the show. 

But after I threatened to smother him in his sleep, he suddenly re-learned the importance of passing a fucking ball. 

Which had done wonders for how the rest of his team treated him. 

Dorthy was cackling, "no wonder he's less of a dick! He's passing, the team is finally done ostracizing him. Preston actually likes hanging out with him now, Preston even said he saw him turn down this super model, and we were both like what the fuck, why? And now, it all makes sense. Because of you."

"Because I refuse to allow anymore womanizing scandals!"

"No, because he's womanizing your scandals" she cackled. 

"Fuck you, that didn't even make sense" I hissed, looking away, trying not to notice how Kal's eyes caught mine for a second, before he focused back on his practice. 

Impossible. 

I'm actively ruining his life, there's no way in hell. 

Dorthy continued to cackle, "I don't know why I'm so surprised. You knock every man you meet on their ass. Just didn't expect Kal to like it" she continued to laugh.