Chapter Twenty-Nine

Justin was blinking at me like I was crazy. 

"You two fucked in the locker room, during a game?" he choked. 

I glared at him, swallowing the last of my wine. 

"I tell you that I think I'm in love with him, and from the whole story that's what you retained?" I glared at his shocked face. 

I was happy he was only drinking water tonight. 

During our first night here he told me he didn't want to drink anymore. 

That the incident where Kal and I had found him had kind of shaken him, that he hadn't even wanted to drink that night in Barcelona. 

That he wasn't drinking for fun, but to fully forget and that scared him. 

We'd finished our dinner two hours ago, the sun had fully set, but I needed to vent to someone. 

Dorthy was off with Preston, meeting some of his family that was from here. 

I was only going to be able to tell Justin the whole story if I was slightly tipsy, which was why I was on my third glass of wine. 

It was working too. 

Justin tried to refocus, "but those table mats aren't even that big, how did you two-"

"Justin!" I whined. 

He sighed, "okay, I'm focusing! So you think you're in love with him, but you think he's in love with Lily?" he cringed, looking completely unprepared for any conversation like this. 

I nodded, "and I know you have details. She showed up one day and he hasn't looked at me the same, Justin. I feel stupid, I-I know he's not the serious relationship kind of guy-"

"But he is" Justin cut me off, "him and Lily were really serious."

"Then what the fuck happened?" I snapped. 

He paused, "I-I can't tell you. I want to, I want you to know but I feel like he's the person who should tell you. I won't tell you what happened between them, but I will tell you this, when he was with her he did calm down, but I don't know, it always seemed like something was always wrong with them, he was always so stressed. When he was with you, even in the beginning, I haven't seen him that happy in a really long time, Val. That says something" he finished. 

I sighed, already telling he wasn't going to give me anymore information. 

"What about you?" I asked, grabbing the bill and throwing enough money to cover the tab, even as he glared at me, "where's the love of your life?" I asked, smirking. 

He laughed, "I really liked this one girl, but it wasn't meant to be. I think she used me to get out of a situation" he sighed. 

I rolled my eyes, "people fucking suck" I smiled as he laughed, and we stood up ready to leave. 

"You're not wrong" he shrugged, as we left the restaurant and began the short walk back to the hotel, the cool air running around us. 

"I actually have a really good friend named Zola, she's a bit crazy but I think you two would make a cute couple" I smiled, as he laughed. 

"Is she as crazy as you?" he asked. 

I laughed, "she's much crazier than me, but I think she could do with a good man, and you Justin are a good man."

He smiled shyly at the ground, "I wish that were true."

I knocked into his side as we walked into the lobby of the hotel, "it is true" I say as I press the up button for the elevator, "you listened to my sob story."