Chapter Twenty-Five

Vira had taken two very healthy steps back, while I had my arms wrapped around an enraged Dorthy. 

I tried to wrestle her back into her seat, "you stupid bitch! Do you need a reminder, I said I never wanted to see your fucking face again!" Dorthy growled, her skinny arms slipping out of my grasp, almost sending her flying into Vira. 

I latched onto her again, sending her to a halt, Vira's light brown eyes widening in true fear as Dorthy actually tried to kill her. 

"Dorthy, you're making a scene" I hissed at her, trying to calm her down. 

"Like I give a fuck! She didn't care about making a scene when she-"

"DORTHY!" I screamed, sending her into silence, her body freezing as she looked back at me. 

Her hands shook as she grabbed onto me, "I can't lose you again, not because of this bitch, sister or no sister. So if I need to kick her ass, and drag her face over this bar, then thats what I'm going to do" her chin shook as tears gathered in her eyes. 

She was scared. 

I squeezed her hands into my own, "I know you would, but look at me. I needed you to do that for me then" I smiled, "now, I can do it myself" I gave her a small reassuring smile, "you had me when I needed you to, I'm good now, and that is because you had me, Dor, you always have. Now please calm down, you're giving Preston a panic attack" I sighed, pulling her further away from Vira's unsure face. 

Preston was already running towards us, as I pushed Dorthy into his open arms, her body latching onto his quickly. 

I peered over at Kal who was already standing, his face a mask of concern and surprise as he stared from me to my sister. 

His eyes caught on mine as I nodded slowly, making him uncomfortably sit back into his seat, worry clear in his eyes. 

I looked back to Vira, nodding towards the door before making quick work of getting outside and away from the prying eyes of everyone in the restaurant that had begun staring the second Dorthy tried to commit a murder in a room full of people. 

I didn't hold the door open, just walked down the sideway before turning to look at a face that resembled my own. 

Which hurt more than it should have. 

Vira Cords was stunning. 

She always had been. 

We shared a lot of the same features but hers were sharper, sharper cheekbones than mine, a sharper chin than mine, her lips a tad thinner, her hair in a controlled mane of curls, her light brown eyes that made men freeze. She was dressed in a long black dress that contoured to her body, her long legs still visible with the slit on her dress. 

She looked entirely too put together. 

From the smokey eye shadow to the daring red lips, nothing was out of place, even the pumps that already gave her tall body another few inches. 

She looked like she had just stepped out of a photoshoot. 

Something recoiled in me. 

From the tight dress, to the makeup, to the pumps. 

Vira and I, for all our differences lived in a state of comfort. 

We always had. 

Until I met him, until he told me he never wanted to see me in anything except heels, that I needed to wear only dresses he chose, that my makeup made me look more beautiful. 

He had even had me wear my hair in the exact same style I was staring at my sister in. 

We looked like complete opposites, me in my t-shirt dress that was comfortable but still cute, the sneakers on my feet, and no makeup on my face.