Chapter Eighteen

I had been avoiding Kal as much as a person could who's job was to literally watch the imbecile.

At first, he had clearly been frustrated, because the asshole couldn't seduce me if I wasn't near him, or speaking to him.

That was Day 1.

Honestly, people should give him more credit.

He is highly fucking intelligent.

It was my job to keep him out of trouble, so what did he do?

Get in trouble.

The second day was hell.

He literally walked all around London, looking for shit he could prepare to do, only for me to stop him at the last second.

I had made it a rule that I would walk a few feet behind the dumbass.

Which was difficult since he was switching his walking speed, only then to break into a full on sprint.

I was not wearing the right bra for the games he was trying to play.

I had only just been able to tackle him right as he was planning on jumping into some random pond.

Not to mention the amount of gates I had been forced to yank him down from, because breaking and entering apparently didn't sound like jail time to him.

I actually think my hair was going to fall out, when he finally decided to settle in at some café.

I sat two tables down, glaring at the back of his head as he ordered.

It wasn't long before a shy woman slowly approached him, looking star struck and stupid.

Kal perked up like a fucking daisy under her eye, as he offered her a seat, and I tried to talk myself out of stabbing him to death with the fork I had been given with the small cheesecake I had ordered.

I watched as she giggled and blushed, her strawberry blond hair pulled up into a messy bun, her warm blue eyes large and innocent looking.

I watched as Kal leaned back into his seat, the back of his head looked fucking smug. His arms spread out on the booth he was in, and I knew he was shooting her that panty dropping smirk that made even the smartest woman (yours truly) a fucking idiot.

I stab my cake, watching as the girl laughs extremely too hard at whatever that douche just said.  

He honestly isn't even that funny. 

I scoffed, looking out of the glass window of the cafe, wishing I wasn't so stupid. 

Not once had I ever fallen into anything like this with another client before. 

I also had never been utterly isolated and alone for four months before working with a client. 

But that didn't excuse this situation, what I had done or was doing. 

Kal and I needed middle ground, I wish he'd just forget the whole damn thing, but I know he never would. His stupid face only broke into a wide creepy smile every time I made eye contact with him for longer than ten seconds. 

I could just scream. 

This is why you don't get into romantic situations with clients, it was a strict policy that ensured there was a respectful and professional relationship. 

Meaning Kal would be terrified of me and do everything I told him too. 

Now he was off running around town just waiting for an international TMZ moment, when he's caught doing something stupid.