GILBERT BLYTHE

"y/n y/l/n, didn't think you'd actually show up, parties don't seem like they're your kinda thing" gilbert said, making you roll you eyes and turn around to face the smug yet cute boy standing before you

"well gilbert, you thought wrong because here i am" you smirked, shrugging your shoulders as you tossed your hair over your shoulder.

"you look pretty" he said after a few seconds, making you raise your eyebrows at the curly haired boy, smiling.

"oh yes, you look very pretty as well blythe" you said back, making gilbert laugh and nod his head, as you giggled.

"god, you're freaking hilarious y/n" he said, walking towards you and looking down at you, placing his hands on your cheeks. you place your hands over his, smiling like an idiot. well that was until ruby gillis interrupted you, both of you quickly releasing.

"oh gilbert! thank god you're here" she squealed, making you roll your eyes at the annoying girl. you hated most of the girls at the schoolhouse, only being able to survive with diana, anne and prissy.

"oh, um hey ruby" gilbert said, scratching the back of his neck as you smirked at him, ruby eyeing the taller boy off like he was a piece of meat.

"id love to have a dance with you later, what do you say?" she asked, twirling her hair in an effort to make gilbert notice her presence even more, making you get more frustrated with the girl for interrupting something important.

"oh uh, im sorry ruby but i already agreed to dance with y/n" gilbert said, making you choke on air as you stared at him, sending a wink your way as you saw rubys face go from lust to anger in a matter of seconds.

"but-but-but" ruby tried to get out, before huffing and stomping away to josie pye, probably to discuss her rejection. i rolled my eyes again and ran my hands through my hair, making gilbert chuckle.

"so you and ruby? best friends?" he teased, making you snap your head up to him and whack his shoulder.

"god she annoys me, she just never shuts up about you it's going to make me vomit" you said as gilbert chuckled from beside you.

"i mean, the two of you sure wouldn't be friends after what just happened, and if i saw this correctly, i saw a slightly bit of jealousy on your face. am i right y/n?" he asked innocently, making you blush as the boy came closer to me you, placing his hands on your cheek just like before.

"i mean, im not the one who said they were gonna dance with me later tonight" you said smirking, as gilberts smile faltered as he had no comeback. you giggled, leaning up and placing a soft kiss on his cheek, making him blush like crazy.

"id love to dance with you gilbert blythe, it would be a pleasure" you said, releasing from gilbert as you ruffled his hair, wandering off to go find billy and charlie.