Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"So I was thinking that I could come over later tonight," Jenny says over the phone.

I sigh as I lean back against the elevator wall and watch the numbers change as it gets closer and closer to my floor.

"Yeah, about that," I say as I nervously move my phone to my other ear. "It's probably not a good idea for you to come over to my apartment for a while," I say as I fidget with my keys.

"Why not?" she questions.

I hear the elevator suddenly ding and I wait for the doors to open before walking towards my apartment as I think up a reason why I can't have Jenny over anymore. I don't want to lie to her but I also don't really want to tell her she can't come over anymore because Raegan said she couldn't.

"Because Raegan has just been randomly coming home early this past week, so it's probably best if you don't come over anymore, at least while she is in town," I explain.

This actually is true. Raegan has been randomly coming home early for the last week or so. I wish I could say it was to spend time with me but she just comes home and works. I don't know if the reason has something to do with Jenny or if she is just tired of being in her office all day. Whatever it may be, even if she was okay with Jenny being in the apartment I don't think any of us would just want her randomly coming home while we are off in another room having sex.

"I get it. I kinda don't want to be walked in on again," Jenny says and I hum in agreement as I lean back on my apartment door in the hall. "So, but when will I get to see you?" she asks and I smirk to myself.

"How about after class?" I ask and I can just picture her rolling her eyes.

"I mean outside of school, Parker," she says and I chuckle as I shrug my shoulders.

"At your place when no one else is home I guess," I say and I hear her sigh over the phone.

"Who knows when that will be," she says and I smile a little at the disappointment I hear in her voice.

She's disappointed that she may not be able to spend as much time with me... or maybe it's that we won't get to have sex as often. Both ideas upset me, but I think I find the former most upsetting.

"I really don't think it will be that bad. Yeah, we probably won't get to be alone every day anymore but I doubt they will be far and few between. Brayden has an away game next Wednesday for example so we will have then for sure. And I will probably be hanging out at Brayden's every day this week seeing as we have it off because of thanksgiving. I don't know if that will equal any alone time exactly but I will be there and maybe we can sneak some quickies while no one is looking," I say with a small smile. "So you see, there's tons of opportunities for us to be together," I say and I hear her laugh a little on the other end of the phone.

"You sure love taking risks," she says and I smirk.

"So do you, don't even try and deny it," I say with a small laugh. "As much as I would like to keep talking to you, I have kind of been standing in the hall of my apartment building for a while now and I'm dying to take a shower after the run I just had," I say and I hear her laugh.

"I still have a hard time imagining you exercising. I just figured all you ever did in your free time was read," she says and I laugh a little.

"I have to exercise every now and then if I want to stay in shape for you. Believe it or not, what you see can't be fully attributed to genetics."

"You don't have to keep in shape for me. You should only exercise for yourself and your health, not for others," she says and I smile. "I'll let you go now so you can shower."