Chapter 28

Chapter 28

I hate jet lag, it gets me every time. We got back from Korea about a day ago and I spent most of that time sleeping. Raegan barely got a day to recover before going back to work late this morning. By the time I wake up it's already well into the afternoon. I could have slept a lot longer but I'm incredibly hungry.

I roll over in bed and look at my phone to see that it's much later than I thought, it's after four which means I missed two meals. Oops. No wonder I'm so hungry.

I yawn as I climb out of bed and put on a t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants before going to the kitchen to make something to eat.

I wasn't expecting to find anything good in the fridge since we have been gone for over a week but I'm pleasantly surprised to see that Raegan remembered to take the meat out of the freezer when we got home yesterday and put it in the fridge to defrost. There isn't much else in the fridge though other than some kimchi that's probably well aged by now which would actually make it perfect for kimchi jjigae, or kimchi stew.

I make sure I have all the ingredients I would need before pulling the pork out of the fridge. I cut it up into small pieces before putting the pieces in a bowl to marinate with some rice wine. I go to the cupboard and grab the bag of rice and rice cooker. I pour the rice and water into the cooker and add a little salt before letting it soak.

I leave the kitchen and go to the bathroom and shower while I wait for everything to be ready.

After a quick shower I dry my hair and put my t-shirt and sweats on before going back to finish cooking. It takes about 40 minutes before everything is ready and by then I'm starving.

I have just sat down at the table and have only taken a couple of bites of my food when someone suddenly knocks on the apartment door. I groan, praying whoever it is will go away so I can finish eating. I manage to take another bite just before they knock again.

I sigh as I stand up and take my bowl with me as I go to answer the door. Hopefully this will be quick. The person knocks again but louder as I approach the door. I roll my eyes as I take another bite of my food before holding the bowl with my left hand as I reach for the door knob with the other.

"What the hell is this?" Jenny asks loudly the second I open the door surprising me and almost causing me to drop my bowl.

I quickly recover from my shock as I look at the first edition copy of 'The Hobbit' she is holding in her hand before training my eyes back on her.

"Looks like it's a book," I say before taking another bite of my stew. I laugh a little to myself as I watch her roll her eyes.

"I know it's a book, I mean why do I have it?" she asks and I shrug as I swallow my food.

"I don't know. I'm assuming you brought it to show it to me for some reason and that's why you are standing outside my door with it in your hand," I say and she groans as I continue eating.

"Now is not the time for smart comments, Parker. Why the hell did you give this to me?" she asks and I look at her with a raised brow.

"Did you not read the card?" I ask and she rolls her eyes.

"Of course I read the fucking card," she says and I nod.