Chapter 35

Chapter 35
Parker's POV

Blood. There's so much blood everywhere.

I try to scream but no sound comes out. I try to run but I'm unable to move.

Darkness starts to surround me as I desperately try to cry out for help but no one answers. The light slowly fades away as the darkness completely consumes everything in its path and rain comes pouring down from the sky, washing away the blood as well as my tears.

My cries continue to echo throughout the night, remaining unanswered until it's too late.

"Parker," I hear someone faintly call. The voice sounds a lot like Raegan's. "Parker, wake up, baby," she calls again.

I slowly start to open my eyes to see Raegan and Jenny looking back at me in concern. I can feel my heart pounding in my chest and my body is covered in sweat.

"Baby, are you okay?" Raegan asks calmly as she runs her hand along my arm lovingly. "Did you have that dream again?" she asks and I nod my head slowly.

"Yeah," I say quietly and they both look at me in concern.

Raegan looks like she is about to say something when her alarm clock suddenly starts ringing. She groans as she reaches over and turns it off. "I have to get up and get ready for work," she says and I frown.

"Do you have to?" I ask and she nods.

"Yeah. I have a lot I need to get done," she say and my face drops a little.

"I need to get going soon too," Jenny says as she stretches. "I promised Gloria I'd go shopping with her today."

"I know it's incredibly selfish to ask, but could you both just stay with me today?" I ask as I look between them.

"I wish I could, baby," Raegan says with a frown. "But I really do have a lot of work that needs to be done."

"Rae, please? Just today. I just really need you both today. Please," I quietly beg and she just silently looks at me for a moment before her face lights up in realization.

"Today's the twenty-second, isn't it?" she asks quietly and I nod my head. "Fuck. I'm so sorry, I've been so mixed up lately that I didn't realize what day it was. Also, I still associate it with Korean New Year and not the actual day. I'm beyond sorry I forgot," she apologizes and I smile at her reassuringly.

"It's fine. So can you stay?" I ask and she takes the side of my face into her hand and leans her forehead against mine.

"Of course," she whispers before lightly kissing me. "I'll call into work and tell them I'm taking a sick day. I'm sure they can do without me for one day," she says as she caresses my cheek and I smile.

"Thanks, Rae," I say and she smiles a little and kisses me once more.

"I love you," she says and my smile grows a little.

"I love you too," I say and she smiles at me again before slowly pulling away.

"I'm definitely missing something," I hear Jenny say on the other side of me. "What's so special about the twenty-second?" she asks and the smile vanishes from my face as I turn to look at her.

"It's the day my Mom died," I say quietly and her face drops.

"I guess Gloria is going to have to wait until next weekend to go shopping," she says and I smile a little.

"Thank you," I say as I lean up and kiss her lightly before pulling away and looking between them. "Thank you both. You are amazing. I really love you and I feel so incredibly lucky to have you two," I say and Raegan smiles at me.