Chapter 41

Chapter 41

I'm sitting in Allison's living room on her couch as she shows me pictures from her latest trip. She just got back from spending a month in Thailand.

"These are really amazing," I say as I scroll through the pictures on her laptop. "I especially like this one with the giant Buddhist statue."

"Which one?" she asks and I turn the laptop around on the coffee table for her to see which photo I'm talking about. "Oh yeah. That's one of my favorites. I took that at a temple in Sukhothai."

"It's incredibly beautiful. I've always been so jealous that you get to travel around and have all these amazing adventures," I say and she shrugs.

"Yeah, it's been an amazing experience. But lately I have been tiring of it. The traveling is fun and all but I don't really get a chance to do anything. I'm mostly just told where to go and what pictures to take. And the majority of what I'm taking pictures of is food and everything else are things that have already been captured a million other times by other photographers or just regular tourists. It really kills my creativity," she complains as she leans further back on the couch. "Not to mention this time around I mostly got stuck in cheap hotels and hostels. I can't tell you how much I missed sleeping in my own fucking bed. I literally almost cried when I got home because I missed it so much. I'm getting too old for this I think," she says and I try not to laugh.

"I'm sorry. That sounds rough," I say and she sighs as she waves me off.

"Okay, no more about me. What have you been up to?" she asks and I shrug.

"Mostly the usual. I have been busy with school and grading. I have also been spending the majority of my free-time with Parker and Raegan," I say and she gives me a confused look.

"I'm sorry, you have been spending time with them both, like at the same time?" she asks skeptically.

"Not all the time, just sometimes. Raegan isn't working as much right now so she has been coming home earlier. And I have been over at their place a lot more since... well, since my sister kind of caught Parker and I together," I say and she looks at me with her eyes wide.

"When you say caught you together, what are we talking about?" she asks carefully.

"She caught us having sex. There was absolutely no denying what was going on," I say and she makes a face.

"Fuck," she says and I nod. "How did she take it?"

"Not well at all," I say and she frowns.

I really don't think Allison is too surprised that my sister wouldn't take it well. Not simply because of the nature of what happened but simply because my sister has disapproved of most of my life choices.

"She didn't kick you out though, right? So it mustn't be too bad," she says and I shake my head.

"It's bad. She is incredibly upset with me, but I think she mostly blames Parker, which is totally unfair. She was talking like Parker was the villain in all this and that she corrupted me or something, which is just ridiculous," I say and she makes a face. "What?" I ask and she quickly shakes her head.

"Nothing," she says and I eye her carefully.

"Just say it," I say and she quietly looks at me for a second.

"It's just, I kind of agree with your sister," she says and I look at her in disbelief.

"What do you mean you agree with her?" I ask and she shrugs.

"I mean, I still don't think Parker is good for you. I wouldn't say she corrupted you, but what she is making you do is selfish," she says and I frown.