Chapter 6: The Notes

Astrid's POV
When I closed the door behind me, I had to lean on it, to prevent me from falling on the ground because I laugh so hard. When I was after 10 minutes done with laughing and walked to the kitchen to make some food for myself. Then I went to my bedroom, and I did it all with a grin on my face, and it was still there when I fell asleep.
..............................
I woke that morning by Stormfly tapping on my window, meaning she wants food. I went out of bad, putted on my normal clothes and walked over to the stables.
"Hey girl, how have you been? Hope they have fed you well?" I said while I padded her head. She roared, making me understand that she had missed me, and that she is happy that I'm here again. Don't ask me how I know that, I just do. I've heard that only the dragon riders have that connection, and I'm happy that it means that we have such a strong connection. I filled her basked with some chicken and watched her eating it. Then I noticed a note hanging on Stormfly's saddle. The person who has hanged it there must have known that if he hang it on that spot, I would surely find it. There is only one person that I know who is smart enough to know that. On the note stood:
Dear Astrid,
Last evening I was so happy that you've woken up. I thought you deserved to know that. Last evening I was a little bit to stunned to tell you that, so I'm just telling you it now. Also I wanted to talk to you about something before your house, but you were so happy, I didn't wanted to ruin your mood. So yesterday evening I got and idea. It took me almost 2 hours to complete it, but I don't care. As soon as you read this note, come to the cove we're out first meted Toothless. If you don't know the way anymore, just follow the signs.
H.H.H. III
That stupid grin was on my face again. I was curious what he wanted to show me, but is was even more curious what he meant with: 'just follow the signs.' When I walked the path to the forest, I understood what he meant. There was a drawing from me pinned on the tree. I carefully took it off. It was a drawing of me. I was sitting on the cliff, watching the sun settle down. It was beutiful.After a few trees I found a drawing again, but this time it was a drawing of me ridding Stormfly. Every ones a while there was another drawing from me. Me training with me axe, me sleeping and just some where I was wandering around. The one I liked the most was a drawing were I was on Toothless with Hiccup, the first time I found out about them. I smiled by all the memories the drawings brought up. Some were made a few weeks ago, like one of me feeding Stormfly, but others were older, like the one we were riding on Toothless. I was so lost in thoughts that I missed the opening to the cove. I walked back and entered the cave. I walked for a little while, until I saw sunlight at the end. When I was almost at the end, I saw a shield that was stuck between the rocks. Well shield, it was already so long there that you could no longer recognised it. The only reason that I recognised it, was because I've seen it a long time ago, more then 5 years. That made me stop. Was it already 5 years ago since we began to live with dragons? It seemed so short ago, but when I thought of it, it was true. Memories came up showing all of the things that has happened these past years. The first Snoggletog, where we had to build up almost all the houses again because we didn't knew that Gronckle eggs explode when they hatch, the time we invented dragon racing, the million little competition between all of us. I took a moment to let all the memories in, and then walked over to the shield. I wondered what Hiccup had planned for me. When I slipped underneath the shield, I knew it. I stood in awe I watched the scene in front of my eyes.
A/N
Yeah, I finally updated! *does a happy dance*
Didn't expect that I had time this week, but a got a free hour in the middle of the school day, so I decided to write this. I think I did a very well job on this, what do you guys think? Next chapter's gonna have some Hiccstrid feelings in it!
And 900 reads?! OMG thank you guys so much, didn't expect so much read at my story while I'm so slow about updating. Thank you so much! Luv u all!
XXXHiccstridXJelsa