5

She got waken up and immediately went out of her room to the kitchen where she heard clanging of utensils. Before she could ever step into her kitchen, it's already a mess. All the cupboards are almost torn open, nearly empty because its contents seemed like they've been hauled out carelessly. Claw marks are seen everywhere. Then she saw the huge wolf before the fridge. Certainly, this is not her father. What's a russet doing in my kitchen?! She grabbed her baseball bat beside the door then slowly, she stepped closer towards the huge wolf. It seemed not to have noticed her until she hit its nape with her bat. It fell on the floor unconsciously. She hauled the mad dog out of her kitchen and tied it from neck to tail and put it into the bath tub. Right then she noticed the mark on the wolf's forehead. She woke her father up and led her to the bathroom where Cerise still lay unconscious.

"He might have tracked my scent" Efram concluded. "Can you sense his comrades?" she asked as she wearily listens to everything around them. "No. I believe they're waiting somewhere safe as they get themselves heal from those strong blows you gave them." They heard Cerise groan and he slowly opened his eyes. Maxy immediately held her bat up. "I mean no harm!" Cerise exclaimed in defense. "Then why did you follow us here?" she asked. "I'm simply hungry" Cerise lied but Efram rushed towards the kitchen and came back with fuming. "You ate everything!" Efram growled now on his wolf form.

"There are plenty of meat outside" she told Cerise but now she's holding her bat in front of her father who's eager to put his claws on the russet wolf. "Tell me the truth before I break your legs" she threatened. "I want to know who you are" Cerise answered. "Don't you recognize Selene in her, young pup? She's our daughter blind fool! Now give my meat back!" Efram barked. "I can buy you meat now pipe down or you'll have it too!" she snapped at her father who whimpered in defeat. "You're the runaway heir?!" Cerise asked in shock but she just groaned in displeasure. "I'm not a runaway, I was taken away" she cleared out. "Who spread those rumors anyway?" she asked then Cerise eyed at her father who looked away when she looked at him.

"Now that you already know me, will you go now?" she asked Cerise. "My subordinates still need to get well." "And?" Maxy urged. "I... still need to... submit my loyalty to you..." he finally said. "Oh" was all she said then remembered what Aurum was about to say before she woke up. "So you stand on your words eh?" Efram asked, finally calmed down. "That's what you get from telling everyone that you'll follow any wolf who can give you utter defeat. I didn't expect you'd fall on my daughter's err... paws?" "How did you know I'm a wolf before I ever got to introduce myself?" she asked. "I saw your shadow. Werewolves have different shadows from humans even if they are in their human form."

"Okay, before I untie you. Can you have your human form?" she asked as she lowers her bat. "I'm still working on it" he answered shyly. "Oh don't be embarrassed, I myself don't know how to turn into a wolf myself. Let's have my father teach us, right dad?" she told him with a smile. "No way." "I can't reason him out. I haven't had a pet ever since I stayed here. They'll be surprised if I suddenly have a large wolf in my room. And you won't get any meat." "Okay, okay I'll do it. Just make sure those meat are fresh" her father agreed then she untied Cerise. "I'll leave you for a while. I'll just go and fix the kitchen." Before she could leave the bathroom, Efram called to her. "Can you bring in some clothes for him as well? It won't take time for him to shift." "Sure, I'll leave it at the door" she answered and closed the door behind her.

Cerise is smaller than her father so maybe her oversized shirt will fit him, also her jeans that she needs to buckle for it not to fall. She placed it before the door and went to get her tools. She picked up all the cooking pots and other utensils and placed them into the sink. She took out all the pieces of meat left and placed them in a bowl. Those dogs would still eat it anyway. She placed all the trash into the garbage bag and stacked them at the doorway. Before she starts nailing everything into place, she checked the time. It's already six in the morning. She fixed the cupboards first bolting them back again. Gratefully, there's only one chair that has a broken leg. She just replaced it with another block of wood of the same height. She finally cleaned everything up again. She sighed after having a whole look of her kitchen. It seemed like it was attacked by a monster, but it was better now when she took off some of the curtains and repainted the wall. Only the scratches on the cupboards and on the chairs and tables are the ones left visible.