21

Cerise offered his own bed of soft feathers for Maxy to lie at. Aiden Healed Maxy as how Lala told him to do. Lala entrusted Maxy's safety in him and told him exactly how to heal her since she's a half-blood. Maxy seemed relieved after the Healing which set Aurum at ease. "Finally" Aurum sighed and lay down on the floor near the bed and slept. "You okay Aiden?" Cerise asked and went beside him. "I'm fine. Would you mind to tell me what happened uphill before we got there?" Aiden asked and Cerise did not hesitate to tell.

"I think, my parents won't trust her even just a bit after what happened today" Cerise told Aiden. "They won't listen to her after this, will they?" Aiden asked. "The only chance we have is the Elders. I know they witnessed everything, they might consider listening to her but as you know it, one can't gain a russet's trust easily" Cerise answered. "I'm well aware. Mind if I ask you something?" Aiden asked. "Sure." "If Aurum felt what Maxy felt that time, then why didn't you? Does this mean you did not do the oath?" Cerise smiled and asked, "Would you mind listening for a story?" Cerise told Aiden what happened when they first met, how he tried to trick her until he found himself in that world of darkness which only presents Maxy as the only salvation from his death. But he said nothing much of the details.

"But I don't think you're still chained" Aiden told him and pointed his neck. Cerise ran his paw around his neck from its base to the top. "It's gone" Cerise said in joy and amazement. He went to check his reflection on his bowl of water to see if it's really gone and he saw no metallic choker or the strap of fabric. "That only means you've grown to trust her and she in you. The feeling is mutual. Even if the Bind is gone, would you still keep up to your promise?" Aiden asked then Cerise remembered what he said before submitting to the one who can defeat him. "Well, she bested me on a one on one fight and after everything she had done for my family? I'm willing to become her subordinate" Cerise answered with a smile.

Maxy wondered why she's at Baron's garden when he isn't there. It doesn't matter, she only wanted to rest but most of all take a bath because she feels she's so filthy. She shifted to her human form and went to the river and dipped herself into the cold river water. She picked up a rough flat surfaced rock from the river bed and started rubbing it on her face going down to her toes. Mounds of dirt and caked blood came off after every rub that she had to do it again and again until her skin went white and the river washed away no dirt from her anymore. She started washing her hair, thick lump of blood and dirt got squeezed out from her hair that she had to wash it again and again until it felt light and it doesn't feel sticky or slimy anymore. To finish her bath, she gathered sweet fragrant flowers by the riverside and squeezed out the sweet nectar off them and massaged those on her skin and on her hair.

Her hair had grown longer past her hips and the thick strands perfectly covered her womanly parts. The pendant and the ring on her chest glimmered to the sunlight. She finally feels clean and refreshed. She stepped out of the water and called the wind to dry her up quick which caused her hair to get tangled. She then lay down on the grassy earth and had the grass untangle and comb her hair which spread out like wings beside her. Naked, she stood up and went towards the wisteria trees and made a dress out of flowers, leaves, and twines since it's hard to make a trouser. And instead of her usual ponytail, she braided her hair to the tip to keep them together.

And now, it's time to sleep. She found a nice cozy spot under a wisteria tree to sleep and lay down on the grassy earth. She snickered as she stares at the wisteria flowers above her. It's silly enough to sleep in the World of Dreams and yet she's about to do it again. Healing sure is draining her energy, especially someone between life and death. I can't believe he really sent his boulder to be his messenger. That's his signature anyway, can't blame him, she thought.

Lex, Lander's son, was wandering in the woods when he saw a beautiful meadow. Blooming wisteria trees outlined at least half of the meadow and a fresh rich river at the other side. The meadow is beautiful, filled with flowers and green grasses. While savoring the rich nature with his eyes, he caught a lady who just stepped out of the river, probably done taking a bath from the river. Lex hid from the tree beside him and watched how the wind gathered up around her and dispersed. He followed her with his eyes as he quietly creeps around like a pervert. Well, he really is stalking a naked woman going to the wisteria trees. He finally realized he's witnessing a goddess when he saw how she dressed herself with flowers, leaves, and twines. Lex slithered around the trees like some snake until he reached where she's sleeping at until now. He nearly shouted in surprise when he recognized who he's been stalking is.