Welcome to Palo Verde!

(HANDSOME BOI) 

Oh, I didn't see you there! You must be here for the tour. 

Hi! My name is Brendon. Brendon Urie, if you want to be formal. But not my middle name, that's for my mother when she's pissed at me. Oh, by the way, I use he/him and they/them pronouns. I'm a demiboy.

Now that we're done introductions, welcome to Palo Verde High School! I'm really glad you're here. Palo Verde could use some new faces. Let me show you around!

Our school is honestly so chill. Lots of diversity (my class is so gay, honestly, but I can't say shit because so am I) and acceptance. You'll have to look hard to fine someone straight here. 

There are a few dickheads up in here, but what can you do? 

But my class is by far the best. We're the pride and joy of Palo Verde, everyone loves us. There isn't a single bitch in our class for miles. 

I mean, look at all the cool people! There's Billie Joe, who's bi. He's currently dating a junior named Mike. B's pretty awesome, we play guitar together. 

There's Gerard and Frank, who are the main ship of the class. Frank is pansexual, like me, and Gerard is gay and genderfluid. You'll probably be able to tell when Gerard is feeling feminine, so you can call him Gee then, and use she/her pronouns on those days. He's mostly male though, so you won't have to worry too much. 

Everyone just absolutely loves them. Understandable, as they are so cute together, but are also really awesome people. 

Also Hayley and Jessie, the two biggest lesbians to ever exist. 

Then we have my two bffs, Spencer and Mary. Spence is bi, and Mary is a lesbian. Spencer's got a boyfriend named Jon, and Mary has a girlfriend named Maria, but we all call her Ria. 

Dallon is probably the only straight person in the class, lol. He's got a girlfriend in 11th grade named Breezy. He's super funny and nice, though. One of my favourite people. 

Then you have Danielle and Phil. Danielle is transgender, and Phil is nonbinary. The two of them have faced a lot of shitty human beings in their old school, so I'm really glad that they're here. Danielle is hilarious and Phil is the sweetest person alive. 

Even the teachers are gay! We have two teachers in a relationship, Mr. Wentz, the science teacher, and Mr. Stump, the music teacher, whom I just love, as music is my favourite class. 

There's Thomas, who does drama with Gerard. Thomas has his own little group of people, which consists of Emile, Remy, Logan, Patton, Roman, and Virgil. They're kind of like our group, but they're all drama and techie nerds. And I say that in the nicest way possible, as they all are so very nice and friendly. 

Tyler and Josh are another gay couple at the school. Tyler is a football player, and Josh runs our school's Queer-Straight Alliance. 

Ryan S. is Dallon's best friend, and he's also pretty cool and funny. He's aromantic and asexual, so don't try and ask him on a date or anything. 

You also have Kezia, who's super sweet and nice. She's also a lesbian, and she has a girlfriend in 11th named Ella. 

There are some people you have to watch out for. 

Like Avril Lavigne and her group of friends, also known as 'The Clique'. 

They are all super catty and rude, not to mention homphobic and transphobic, and love to be shitty to literally anyone and everyone. 

Avril, in particular, really hates Spencer and I, mostly because she pulled a fire alarm in the school and we told on her. We hate her, though, because she put a thumbtack on Mr. Radke's chair, and blamed us for it, and we got in trouble. 

But if you steer clear of them and stick with me and my friends, trust me, your time here will be absolutely fabulous. 

And then you have me! I'm the class clown, it's what I'm known for. I love nothing more than pulling pranks and causing mischief. You've heard of a legendary prank around here? Chances are I pulled it. I just adore making people laugh. 

So that's my class! I'm sure you'll like it here- 

Oh, wait. I forgot someone. 

Ryan. 

Now, Ryan is the smartest kid in the school, Hell, he's the smartest kid in Las Vegas. 

Ask him anything, and I do mean anything, and he'll know. He's like a walking, talking dictionary. 

But he's not cold or emotionally frigid, or anything like that. He's warm and funny, and charming and vivacious, and full of life. Which is amazing, considering that he's part of 'The Clique', which is notorious for having mean people. 

That's why he's my boyfriend. 

I know, I know. It sounds mad. I've heard it all before. I mean, the class clown with the class brain? It seems like a recipe for absolute disaster. Believe me, I thought the exact same thing. But I just can't control how I feel about him. 

Like, not only is he just amazing personality-wise, he's also SUPER cute. 

Like, how the fuck is someone that beautiful? And with me, of all people? 

You see, I'm not exactly the prettiest person at Palo Verde. In fact, it's quite the opposite. But I was positive that we'd never be together. I mean, he's a genius. I'm crazy. 

It would never work. 

At least, that's what I thought. 

"Brendon!" 

What is it, pumpkin? Ryro, I'm kinda busy here. 

Sorry about that. This is Ryan, my boyfriend. You'll probably see him around a lot, as he's the president of every smart-looking club here. 

"Nice to meet you. But, Bren, stop torturing them and just get on with the story. You're gonna kill them." 

Ugh, fine. I won't build suspense. 

You want to know what happened? Fabulous! 

Let me start at the beginning. 

It was the first day of 11th grade. We were finally juniors, and my friends and I had some big plans for this new school year... 

A/N: Hey y'all! This is sure gonna be fun. This is the first time I'm writing a story in first person, so wish me luck. 

Love y'all!