New Year, But I'm Still a Pussy

First chapterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr bOIS 

So excited for this shit

I'm ready to go...

So let's gooooooooooo

I was walking to school, with my best friend, Spencer Smith, by my side. It was sunny, and the breeze blowing around was cool and satisfying. The perfect weather for the first day back at school after the summer. 

Normally our other best friend, Mary Collins would be with us, but she went to Paris and Australia over the summer, and she got back yesterday and was super jetlagged, so her mother was driving her to school. 

While Spencer was calmly strolling, I was practically squealing with excitement over the fact that we were 16 and juniors. 

"Think about it, Spence," I began. "We're 16 now! Not only are we old enough to drive, or at least start learning how, we can smoke weed legally-" 

"Whether you can smoke it legally or not has never stopped you, Bren." Spencer snickered. 

"...True. But stop interrupting me!" 

"Fine. Go on, keep talking." he said with a sassy eye roll. 

"We look old enough to sneak into the casinos-" 

"That has also never stopped you." 

"Spencer!" I cried with exasperation. "Let me finish, Christ!" 

"Alright, alright!" he said, holding up a hand. "Chill out, B. We're sixteen, so what?" 

"So what?!" I yelled dramatically. "Are you mad, Spence? Do you not realize the power we have?" 

Spencer snorted. "Oh, please.  We're juniors. What power do we have?"

"Exactly!" I exclaimed.  "We're juniors! We're almost the oldest kids in the school, stupid! 

"Which means.....?" Spencer trailed off a bit. 

"Which means," I said, rolling my eyes at his lack of vision, "We're second-in-command. We practically run this shit town." 

Spencer thought about it for a second. "Hmmmm, running the school...I think I like what you're saying, my friend." 

I grinned. "See, I knew that you'd be on board." 

Spencer laughed. "Well, I am now." 

"Plus, just think about it!" I said, spreading my arms out wide. 

"Think about what?" he asked. 

"All the new people!" I said, gesturing to all the people in front of us, also walking to school. "Spence, there's new teachers, new students, and a whole new crop of freshmen." 

"A crop of freshmen? Really, Bren?" Spencer said, giggling quietly. 

"Shut up for a sec, will you?" I snapped.  "Just let me finish!" 

 "And that," I began again, rubbing my hands together and grinning, "means that there's now a lot more people to prank." 

"Jesus, Brendon, you sounded like an evil genius there." Spencer said with a laugh. 

"That's because I am, dumbass." I said, laughing as well. 

Just then, I heard a voice yell, "BREN! SPENCE!" 

I was scared out of my skin, but when I looked up, it was Mary! 

"MARY!" Spencer and I both yelled at the same time. 

We ran to her and grabbed her in a huge hug, planting loads of kisses across her face. 

Yeah, we affectionate like that. 

"How was your summer, Mar?" I asked her, placing her down on the ground. 

"Fine, Brenny. France is great! How about you? Did you get laid or anything?" she asked, smirking at me and wiggling her eyebrows in a suggestive manner. 

I burst out with laughter. "I wish!" 

"But no." I continued. "Spence and I mostly just went to the movies a lot, but then Spencer here routinely abandoned me in favor of his boyfriend!" 

"Spencer!' Mary said in a mock-horrified tone, giving his arm a gentle swat. "Why would you do that? You know he's still single." 

"Sorry, Bren, but he's just so...wow." Spencer giggled. 

"I thought I was so wow." Mary said, pretending to be offended. 

"You are, too! But he's extra wow." Spencer teased her gently, pecking her cheek.

"Speak of the devil.." I said, pointing to where Spencer's boyfriend, Jon was standing, a little farther up the road. 

He waved at the rest of us and pointedly looked at Spencer, flirtatiously blowing him a kiss and making us all giggle at his action. 

Spencer's eyes lit up, but then he looked back at Mary and I, looking guilty. "Ummmm....do y'all mind if I.." he gestured to where Jon was currently standing and waiting.

I looked at Mary, and she gave me that look that told me that she wanted to talk to me alone. 

"Go off to your prince, Spency." Mary teased, and Spencer laughed, jokingly blew her a kiss and ran off towards Jon. 

As Mary and I kept on walking, I continued to squeal about being 16. 

I couldn't help it, I was just so excited!

"I mean, c'mon, Mar. We're 16, second-oldest in the school." I said, as Mary rolled her eyes at my exuberance. 

"I don't know about you," I began, "but I'm gonna be a brand new person this year. I am gonna be calm, cool, confident, suave..." 

"Is that so?" Mary said, a teasing smile on her face. "Does that mean you'll finally ask out Ryan Ross?" 

I instantly stopped walking and looked back at her guiltily. 

"Uhhhhhhhh...." 

Mary laughed. "I knew it. You're staying the exact same, Brenny." 

"Is that a challenge?" I said, pretending to be menacing. "You don't want to see what I can do, Miss Collins." 

"Ah, yes, you're a 5"9 ball of sunshine and rainbows. I'm shaking." Mary snorted, and soon I began to laugh too. 

"But, seriously, if you really want to, I'll help." she said sincerely.

"Oh, could you?" I said happily, bouncing up and down a little. "Really?" 

"Of course, Brenny. We've been best friends since first grade. I'll always be here for you." 

I gave her a hug. "Thanks, Mar. You're the best." 

"I already knew that." she laughed.   

"C'mon." she said, tugging my arm and almost making me fall. 

Like, don't be fooled by her 5"4 size, she's fucking strong. "Let's go. This will be the year that you get your man, so we better start now!" 

And she began to run towards the enterance. 

I smiled at her excitement,  and with that, I picked up my bag, slung it over my shoulders, and ran after her. 

ALRIGHT BOIIIIIIIIS FIRST CHAPTER UP! *powerup noises* 

THANK U FOR THE SUPPORT 

KAY BAIIIIIIIIIII