Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

Mikayla's head was throbbing. She knew she should get up, but she simply had no desire to move. She rolled over and stretched out. Her arm suddenly smacked something or actually someone.

She opened her eyes and a very beautiful man was smiling at her. Quickly her eyes darted around the room. This wasn't her apartment.

Did she really go home with someone? She didn't remember him at all.

"Uh, hi," she said, softly.

"Good morning," he replied. "You must be thirsty."

Frankly, she was. She knew she had quite a few drinks at the party all because of that asshole, Anthony. What she ever saw in him . . . whatever. She just needed to make a quick exit from what she hoped had only been an attempt at a one night stand, because she definitely was too drunk for that.

The man stood up and went into a door. She quickly confirmed that her clothes were on and sat up, rubbing her now throbbing head. He came back with a glass of water.

"Thank you," she mumbled, taking the cup and downing it. All her senses felt dull. She remembered running into Anthony and getting a drink and saying it would be her last one, but then, everything after that was a blur. She must have met this guy.

"I'm sorry to be rude, but what happened?" asked Mikayla. "And who are you?"

He frowned slightly. "Really you don't recognize me?"

She shook her head no. "Should I?"

"I'm Jackson Danvers. The actor."

Mikayla looked at him, studying his features. "Hmm, I guess you are." She paused for a moment trying to figure out how to phrase her next question. "Did we, uh, did we do anything last night?"

"No, you were in no state to do anything."

"Okay." She stood up. She was relieved. She'd never gone all the way with a guy, which was probably why she was still single at 24 when she looked as good as she did. None of them ever wanted to wait long enough for her to be ready. She wasn't asking to wait till marriage or anything, just a few months. "Well, I should really get going."

Suddenly, he burst out laughing. He moved in close, very much invading her personal space. "Oh, no, you won't be going anywhere."

Mikayla rolled her eyes and snarked, "Okay, weirdo." She walked towards the door. He grabbed her arm and jerked her back. "Dude, what the fuck. Don't touch me."

"You clearly aren't understanding what's going on here, Mikayla." He pulled her chin up to look at his emotionless face.

"I said, don't touch me!" The way he grabbed her arm reminded her of what Anthony did . . . before he . . . no, she told herself she wouldn't dwell on that. She just needed to leave.

"Shut up and listen. I kidnapped you. You're not leaving."

She jerked her head away. "Ha ha. Funny joke. But I'm not laughing.  I guess you saw the movie I was in and figured you'd prank me."

"This isn't a prank," he said, straightening his back to show off how much he towered over her. "You're my prisoner."

Mikayla looked at him trying to get a read on him, but the man was like a blank slate. "Yeah, no, I'm not gonna play whatever weird game this is. I don't know if this is because I was too drunk to put out, but yeah, no."

She crossed her arms over her chest and yet again tried to walk away. He grabbed her roughly and threw her to the bed. She let out a yelp and tried to push him off her.