Chapter 13

Author's Note: How's everyone holding up? If anyone needs to talk because of isolation and you just need a friend, feel free to message me.

If you're looking for more to read to stave off the madness please take a look at bibliophile0603 's new story Sinner's Love or Curse.

I'll also be starting a rewrite of my story Loki's Obsession. Check out my profile to follow that. It'll be the same overall story, but I hope to make the writing much better.

And of course, my shameless self promotion of my patreon at patreon.com/bboops23. If you can afford to give any monthly donations there's some really cool reward tiers. If not, you can continue to enjoy my stories here. I'm working towards editing the Heartthrob's Dark Obsession, so I can try to publish it.

Chapter 13:

Mikayla was tipsy. Okay. That was a lie. She was drunk. She drank her way through about half of the bottle of wine by herself. Jackson had opened another bottle for himself, Nico, and Marie.

Nico and Jackson were talking about interesting things happening in the news and Marie would say something once in a while. Mikayla, however, was too out of it to say anything. Five days without speaking with anyone, and she couldn't even focus on a conversation.

Then again, her mind was reeling with the knowledge that someone had died. Some other girl had been in her position and Marie knew her. And Marie still wanted Mikayla to just try and be happy with this.  That would never happen.

"What do you think, Mikayla?" asked Marie.

Wait. When did they start talking to her?

"I'm . . . I'm sorry, can you repeat that?" said Mikayla.

"I was suggesting that after dinner we go back to the sunroom and finish our conversation while the boys have some privacy."

Nico then made a weed smoking gesture and Jackson laughed. Mikayla had a sour taste in her mouth. Something about wealthy people doing whatever they wanted made her sick to her stomach. Then again that could be the entire bottle of wine she drank.

"Oh, yeah, sure. Can I have another glass of wine?"

"I think you've had enough for now. But maybe a little later you can have another glass," said Jackson. "Have some water."

He passed the water pitcher to her. She filled a coffee cup with water and took a small sip.

"Can I have another glass of wine?" asked Marie.

Nico passed her the bottle. "Of course you can, darling." He gave her a small kiss on the forehead. She blushed. The girl actually blushed when her kidnapper kissed her.

Marie's eyes darted around, then she filled her coffee cup with wine and her wine glass. She put the bottle next to her and Jackson took it to fill his glass. Marie quietly swapped her coffee cup with Mikayla's.

Neither Jackson or Nico noticed as they were already discussing some sport event or something. She really couldn't tell and frankly she didn't care.

Mikayla drank her coffee cup of wine, quickly, so Jackson didn't know. If she was lucky she'd pass out and maybe  he'd leave her alone for another night. But somehow she doubted it.

When dinner ended Marie grabbed her by the hand and brought her back to the sunroom. The alcohol was heavy in her stomach. She was quite drunk, but she was well aware that there was a performative aspect to it, and she refused to perform, just letting the alcohol numb her.

She laid across the couch and Marie sat in a chair next to her. They were alone.

"So, who was this other girl, the one before me," slurred Mikayla.