Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

"Wake up," commanded Jackson. His deep voice sent a chill down her spine.

She opened her eyes and looked at him. "What's going on?"

"I fixed your little mistake and I wanted you to join me for lunch."

"Can I use the bathroom first?" she asked.

"If you must."

Jackson pulled a small key out of the pocket of his blue jeans and knelt down, freeing her ankle. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her up.

He half walked her and half dragged her down the hall. He opened a door and inside was a nice large bathroom with no lock and no windows. She went inside and used the toilet. She looked in the mirror and saw her smudged make up. She cleaned it off.

It took time since she only had some hand soap and a wash cloth. But her face looked clean. Her long hair needed a good brushing and she wanted nothing more than to change into something more comfortable than her black party dress. At least it had her covered.

Mikayla settled on pulling out her pony tail and fashioned it into a messy bun. She felt like she should be more distraught. Didn't girls in horrific situations always cry? Nori told her that by the second day she'd basically dehydrated herself with how much she cried.

And yet, Mikayla couldn't conjure up a single tear. Maybe it was shock. Maybe she was just emotionally broken. Or maybe she was just still too hung over to really see the danger she was in. Regardless, she didn't have much time to sit in a bathroom and think because eventually her captor would come in to get her.

She let out a deep sigh and opened the door.

Jackson quietly took her hand and they continued down the hall, then down the stairs, and away from her attempted escape. She was using this time to study him. He was wearing a button down shirt with rolled up sleeves and blue jeans. The massive muscles in his arms were tugging at the fabric of his shirt. He could rip it off him with a strong flex. It was intimidating. He was intimidating.

She could understand why some women were attracted to celebrities like Jackson Danvers. He was tall. He had beautiful jet black hair and piercing blue eyes. And he was famous. For some women he was their kryptonite. But she just felt small and insignificant next to him.

She preferred guys that were skinny and didn't make her feel like a dwarf by standing next to her. And his quiet and stoic nature was somewhat unnerving.

He pulled her into a large dining room and guided her to a chair. She didn't fight him. Upsetting him at that moment would probably not end well. She sat down. Her feet didn't even reach the floor. He knelt down and shackled her ankle. She felt a pit form in her stomach. She just let him do it. Why did she just let him shackle her?

As Jackson stood up she quietly asked, "So what's for lunch?"

"Before I can feed you I want to check a few things," he said, calmly. He sat down next to her at the head of the table. He grabbed a notebook from somewhere and put it on the table. It looked like there was a list of questions.

"What do you want to check?" asked Mikayla, suspiciously.

"Well, firstly, do you have any allergies? Food, medicine, animals, anything?" If she didn't know better she'd think this was a casual conversation with a doctor or a friend.

"Um . . . I'm allergic to sulpha meds and shellfish. Neither are deadly, but I still avoid both at all costs since allergies can get worse. I also sometimes get seasonal allergies, but I haven't had that issue since I moved to L.A." He wrote something down.