Chapter 15

Chapter 15:

"So if you could visit anywhere in the world where would it be?" asked Jackson, as they sat on the bed together.

Mikayla wished she could just roll her eyes at him, but for the last week she'd been 'behaving,' and he'd been a lot more relaxed. "London. Tokyo. Australia. There's also this really cool park in Austria that during the summer floods and becomes a pond and you can go scuba diving and it looks so cool."

She had been working hard not to ramble on and on. He didn't deserve that much of her personal life. Frankly, he didn't deserve any of it.

"Some day I'll take you anywhere you want to go."

Home. She wanted to go home. But she wasn't going to say that. She refused to say anything that would upset him. Sometimes the best thing to do was nothing.

"I'd like that," she mumbled.

Jackson put his large hand on her cheek and started leaning in close. He was so large and intimidating. Mikayla instinctively scooted back and suddenly fell right onto the floor.

"Ow," she groaned.

"Are you okay?" he asked, his face immediately becoming emotionless.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She couldn't believe she'd seen so frightened at the idea of a kiss that she fell. He'd already violated her in worse ways. Yet, whenever he tried to do those worse things she just froze up.

Jackson reached a hand out to her and pulled her up. She didn't need his help. But she would never upset him by rejecting it. He softly kissed her forehead.

"I'm going to the bathroom," she mumbled, running off. It was a reprieve from him, even if only for a few minutes. Whenever she was with him for too long he tried to start shit and she couldn't deal with him assaulting her more than once a day.

Mikayla washed her face for the tenth or eleventh time today. She paced around the bathroom until it was starting to push into too long. She hated being trapped like this. She couldn't deal with the overwhelming boredom.

She quickly opened the bathroom door. Jackson was lying on the bed looking at his tablet. This ass was just sitting there flaunting his stuff. She half wanted to go over there and yank it out of his hands.

Wait . . . Jackson hadn't reacted. Had he not noticed her yet. Maybe she could run out the door and try to escape. She didn't even need to get to the front door. She just needed to hide somewhere in his mansion long enough for him to think she'd left the house and then she could escape in the confusion.

It was a great idea. Yet, she was still rooted to the floor. What if she went to the door and he noticed her and got upset? What he had cameras everywhere?

Mikayla suddenly wondered if her conversation with Marie had been recorded? She remembered in Nori's book that Theo had put recording devices around he house as well as security cameras.

She felt so helpless.

Mikayla loudly closed the bathroom door and Jackson jumped up. He pressed the button at the top of tablet and put it on the side table. He used his tablet all the time, she knew it had a passcode and she couldn't just take it and use it.

She knew that the safest option was not to upset him and it broke her heart.

"Come here, little dove."

She rubbed her arm, tapping out little messages to herself. It was a good way to say things she felt, but couldn't say out loud. Even if it was just tapping out the right amount of syllables for a sentence, it really did help.