SEVENTEEN

REAL LIFE

                           camille was tired. she had been scrolling through twitter and instagram for hours, eyes fixated on pictures of timothée with lily-rose. she didn't want to keep looking — it felt creepy and also she knew it would just upset her more. but she couldn't help it — she just wanted to see how they'd been as a couple compared to how they seemed in the endless pictures from three nights ago.

she'd not spoken to timothée in the two days since she had spoken to him about the photos, in need of space no matter how desperately she wanted to talk to him. she was hurt, but she could tell now comparing photos with those from his time in an actual relationship with lily, that things were as he'd explained.

one unedited photo showed a big bag slung by his feet, presumably full of the clothes he'd collected from lily-rose's home. not only this, but when looking at the various photos, the locations in the clear pictures were just by her home and outside a small coffee shop. he wasn't lying, and cami felt stupid but also still just sad — she didn't want to be hurt again.

a sudden knock on her door startled her upright and she drew in a sharp breath as she ambled towards her front door. quickly glancing through the peephole, she was surprised to see timothée. with one more sharp intake of breath, she nervously opened the door to face him.

"look, i know we're not speaking and you probably still hate me but i can't just leave it, not when you're driving me crazy and you're all i can think about, mills," he handed her the bunch of flowers he'd been concealing behind his back, "i really like you and i want you to believe that. like really believe it."

camille blushed, taking the flowers and smelling them briefly, "these are gorgeous, timmy."

timothée's frown contorted into a smile at her words and the softness of her tone, "can we talk, chérie?"

camille just nodded, welcoming him inside whilst becoming intensely aware of the brief camera flash from a paparazzo outside. he followed her in, straight to her couch, in complete silence while he prepared the words to say.

"i'm really sorry, about everything. and especially because i know how upset it makes you to see how you're portrayed in the media — it wasn't fair to let you get dragged into some stupid idea i was cheating. even if we're not officially dating," he sighed, taking her free hand in his.

camille bit her lip, "i know i emphasised that, but i was more upset that you went straight over like you wanted to be in her company more than mine. i just felt like second best, you know?"

camille's voice was small as she spoke, and her eyes would barely meet timothée's. there was a pause, and as timothée collected his thoughts she stood up, meekly mumbling, "i'd better put these flowers in a vase."

the absence of her hand in his left an empty feeling to him as she fumbled around heading to the kitchen to look for an adequate vase for the flowers. he followed her in, seating himself at the breakfast bar.

"well i'm really sorry for how i've made you feel, angel. i know it's too late but i don't want you to ever feel like second best. you're not, not at all, and i made a mistake by leaving yours the other day. i really do like you, chérie. not lily-rose, not anyone else. you." timothée's voice was soft, as if addressing camille's current fragility.

she smiled, finishing with the flowers and finally looking at the boy, "i like you too, timmy. far too much for my own good."

"then please let me make this up to you," he stood up again as he spoke and sauntered over to her, "because i've never cared this much about someone this soon, and i don't want to lose you."

camille couldn't hide the crimson blush on her skin as she stepped further forward to increase her closeness to him. she pondered over his words for barely a second longer, before standing on her tiptoes just a little and wrapping her hands around his neck, leaning up to kiss him.

the kiss was short but sweet, telling them both everything they needed to know about their current situation.

it might have been too soon for such certainty, but camille was sure she wouldn't let timothée go any time soon.

———
ok this is terribly written but i couldn't seem to get it right so will hopefully come back and edit this more bcos i'm not super happy with it but :~) enjoy