FIFTY ONE

REAL LIFE

                  TIMOTHÉE'S PALMS were sweaty as he approached the restaurant at which he'd made reservations for himself and camille. he'd arrived fifteen minutes early so he could be sure everything was perfect (or so he told himself — it was more so that he simply need time to fucking relax a little).

he sat at their table overcome with nerves, hoping she would be ecstatic to see him and not as pissed off as he still somewhat expected her to be. he just wanted her to know that he really did care and really was sorry for how uncommunicative he had been for the past few weeks. not only this, he wanted her to know how proud he was of her for her new movie role too, as he'd barely shown her so when initially told.

when he saw her arrive and look confusedly around the restaurant, his heart leapt to his throat. she asked a waitress for her table and furrowed her brows as she was taken to the table at which timothée sat, her brain unsure of whether it was actually him.

"timmy?" she gasped, smiling broadly and causing timothée to release a relieved sigh he'd been holding in for quite some time. he stood up and bounded towards her, pulling her into a hug and kissing the top of her head.

she leaned up to kiss him quickly, snaking her arms around his neck and passionately pressing her lips to his.

"i'm here, chérie. and i'm sorry for everything these past few weeks," he released her from his arms and pulled out her chair before returning to his, "i missed you so fucking much, babe."

camille couldn't fight off the blush spreading across her face as she leaned forward with a grin, "i can't believe you're here i- oh my god. i've missed you so much i can't even express it."

camille knew that as soon as she saw timothée her anger would easily wash away, it had been inevitable. besides, she wasn't so annoyed anymore anyway — more just feeling lonely. she'd also been mulling the idea of moving back to new york, so that she could be closer to timothée when he was at home too, so she couldn't consider herself too pissed off.

"i'm so sorry, princess," he apologised softly, reaching out to clasp her hand in his, "i've wanted nothing more than to be back with mon ange and i'm so fucking proud of you."

camille blushed crimson, awash with emotions merely because of their reunion and the fact that she could tell timothée was genuinely sorry and truly cared for her. she lifted their intertwined hands to kiss the back of his as he rubbed hers with his thumb.

"saoirse helped me sort all of this out, obviously . i just wanted to surprise you."

camille leaned forward and lifted her free hand to stroke her boyfriend's cheek, almost as if she was checking that he was really there, "i'll make sure to tell her she's the best. i can't believe you're here baby. this is perfect. you're perfect.

a waiter silently sauntered over to the table, pouring them both a glass of white wine without saying a word before he left again.

the pair sat in silence for a moment, admiring each other and basking in each other's company for a brief while. they were just happy to be back together, just the two of them enjoying being in each other's presence again.

"so tell me all about filming, mon chéri!"

———
short because i just wanted to show u them reuniting but didn't wanna drag it on and couldn't think of what to add rlly i'm sorry i'm useless