SIXTY THREE

REAL LIFE

CAMILLE'S BODY SHOOK with nerves as she approached the hotel timothée was staying at. she hoped he'd be happy to see her, her mind flashing with visions of him telling her to fuck off or something purely from her current drunken, adrenaline-fuelled anxious state.

perhaps she shouldn't have had more wine on the plane.

she had reapplied her lip balm four times on the taxi ride from the airport as she kept biting it all off from the anxiety coursing through her. she paced into the reception, greeted by the beaming face of none other than zendaya, feeling grateful she knew someone in the film so she'd feel less awkward about turning up.

"he's going to be so glad to see you," she laughed, pulling camille in for a hug, "he's been pacing his room so worried about you, talking about chris constantly!"

camille smiled, "i feel so awful letting him believe i could be cheating but i just... i want him to be properly surprised. especially because i possibly may or may not have drunkenly bought us both flights to paris tomorrow for a few days since we're both off for the week...."

zendaya gasped and grabbed camille's hand to drag her to the elevator to head up to timothée's room.

"i can't believe you, that's so romantic!" she grinned, excited to see one of her closest friends this genuinely happy and in love.

"i just hope he's up for it," camille mused nervously, "he's been stuck thinking i'm cheating on him for hours! i wouldn't blame him for being pissed when he first sees me."

zendaya shook her head with a laugh, just as the elevator sounded to signal they'd arrived at the right floor. they exited swiftly and camille drew in a sharp breath as they drifted down the hallway towards the right room.

"okay so knock and i'll shout it's me so he opens the door and then i'll just run off while he's on his way— my room is two doors from his so it'll be easy to get away quick." zendaya affirmed the plan and camille just meekly nodded, applying her lip balm one last time before their plan was set properly into motion.

she knocked firmly, "it's only me," zendaya called in to timothée and as he mumbled, "coming, hang on," sadly, zendaya darted off in the opposite direction.

he opened the door slowly and camille caught sight of how red his eyes were and how sad his face looked. she felt fucking horrendous for allowing him
to worry about what she was doing while she'd been travelling to see him.

"i'm sorry — i'm so sorry for letting you think i was doing something i'd never ever ever do. i just— i wanted to surprise you and—" she was cut off by timothée's arm swiping round her waist and pulling her towards him for a kiss.

he pulled her into the room and shut the door quickly, kissing her again as his eyes lit up at the notion of his girlfriend actually being there, in his room.

"you're here, ma chérie! you're here?"

camille nodded, softly peppering kisses all over his face and curling her hands around his neck, "i'm so sorry for letting you worry. the plan just wouldn't have worked if i disappeared and nobody else came — chris just drove me to the airport."

timmy shook his head and kissed her forehead, his calmness reassuring and soothing her, "it's fine, princess. i was terrified but you're here now and that's all that matters. i could never be mad at you for this."

camille couldn't hide the broad grin that broke into her face. she was so happy being back with timothée, even though it had only been a matter of weeks since she'd last seen him anyway when he was the one surprising her.

"i have one more — uh — surprise," her head dipped in embarrassment, fearing he'd say no to her plans for paris, "if you're not up for it then it's okay it was an on-a-whim decision i thought would be lovely, that's all."

timothée laughed (god, she'd missed that sound) and ruffled his girlfriend's hair, "tell me what it is, mon ange, if it's from you i'll love whatever you've got planned."

she reached into her fur coat pocket, retrieving two boarding passes for paris the following lunch time. he grasped them from her, gasping in shock at what she'd bought, "baby you didn't have to do this — but of course i'd want to go!"

camille tightened her arms round his neck and squealed, the slight remaining tipsiness showing through, "yay! i was scared you'd have plans or something but i wanted to do something for you that's all."

the pair embraced for a moment, sharing more soft, gentle kisses and just enjoying each other's company.

"fuck, camille, i know i say it all the time but i love you so much. you really are fucking perfect and i don't know what i'd do without you." timothée doted, admiring the girl in front of him.

"well it's a good thing i love you with every bone in my body and you're not losing me for as long as i have any say in the matter, isn't it?"

———
btw we're pretending nyc -> buda isnt literally 10+ hours with a stop, just for the sake of romance ok? thank u love u hahahah xx