Substitutes and Sacrifices II/II

"The end is nigh! The apocalypse is upon us! The angels talk to me, and they asked me to talk to you! The apocalypse-"

"Hey! I'm Dean Winchester. Do you know who I am?"

"Dear God..." the preacher exclaimed.

Cas and I watched from across the street, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. He was really doing this.

"I'll take that as a yes. Listen, I need you to pray to your angel buddies and let them know that I'm here," Dean told him hastily. I grit my teeth.

The preacher fell to his knees in prayer.
"Our father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name-"

Cas grabbed my hand and zapped us next to the man on his knees.
"You pray too loud," he informed him, and proceeded to put him to sleep with merely a touch. Dean was stunned long enough for Cas to grab him the by arms and toss him into the alley next to us.

I jogged after them, watching Cas come down on Dean with fist and feet on the ground.
"What are you crazy?" Dean cried out, trying to get away.

Cas lifted him up, and hit him again, sending him right back to ground.
"You..." he sneered, "you turn your back on me, your brother...You attacked your sister. " -kick-

"I rebelled for this? For you to surrender to them!?"
He lifted him again and pinned him harshly to the wall. I'd never seen this side of Castiel. He wasn't just pissed, he was insulted, fueled by pain and betrayal.
He hit him again. Dean's face was already swelling and cut open.
"I gave everything for you, and this is what you give to me!?" Cas shook him hard, bouncing his head off the bricks, then raised his fist again.

I covered my mouth in horror. If he didnt stop he might kill him.

"Do it," Dean taunted in despair, "just do it." My heart cracked. He'd really given up.

Thankfully Cas unclenched his fist and knocked Dean out with a touch on his shoulder. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding, and came to find out I was shaking from the tension and anger. Cas let Dean drop to the ground and turned to me, heaving chest and eyes still wild.

"He'll be fine. I just hurt him a little more than he hurt you," he assured me, gesturing for me to get close so we could leave.

☆☆☆☆☆

Dean was in and out of consciousness when we returned to the house, just in time to hear the end of a discussion between Sam and Bobby.

"What the hell, Bobby!?"

"Watch your tone, boy. He was right in front of me and he dissapeared into thin air."

"Because the angels took him. " Cas said, catching their attention to our presence.

"What the hell happened to him?" Sam asked, referring to the battered and bloody Cas tossed into a chair.

"Me."

"I got to watch. " I said proudly.

"What do you mean the angels took Adam, you branded his ribs didn't you?" Bobby asked.

"Yes..Adam must of tipped them somehow. Maybe in a dream."

"Where would they have taken him?" Sam asked, which I was wondering as well.

"The same room they took Dean before I'd imagine. "

☆☆☆☆☆

We locked Dean back down on the cot, cuffed, in the panic room for a spell. But Sam had a talk with him and insisted we let him go because he had "faith" in him. I wanted to, but head was still killing me and so was heart.