Alternatives I/II

{This is one of my favorite episodes!}

After Portland, I went home for a few days, just for some down time and to clean up. Leaving a house empty for weeks tends to create smells and science experiments. But mostly, I wanted my car. I loved the Impala, but she wasn't mine. And I never got to drive her.
No I wanted the Queen back. She may have been a remnant of a selfish and dark year of my life, but she was special to me, just as Baby was to Dean.

When I brought her home to Bobby's, a nasty thunderstorm was raging over Sioux Falls. Twigs and other debris tossed in the wind, violating my beautiful paint job as I pulled up to park. The rain was pouring like the ocean moved to the sky, and I dreaded opening the door.
All the sudden it started to hail, knocking angrily at Queen's roof.
"Mother fucker!" I cursed out loud.

"Dean!" I screamed inside my brother's head, knowing he was here, probably already had Baby safely tucked away.

After several minutes, both my brothers came rushing out the door with a tarp and ground spikes. Dean was genuinely concerned, because he understood the gravity of the problem. I got out and let them help me secure the tarp over my car, all of us getting soaked to the bone and pummeled by hail nearly the size of golf balls.

Once satisfied we rushed inside before we were knocked senseless. A pond formed at the threshold where we stood, so we actually all stripped down to barely anything to avoid the wrath of Bobby should he come home and slip on any more puddles.

Changed into spare clothes, I started mopping up the mess and threw our clothes in the dryer.

"So where is Bobby?" I asked, finally finished and setting the mop aside.

"In town, supply run." Dean replied.

I glanced out the window and the very angry forces of nature.
"In this? "

"Yeah, man's a hero. We are officially out of hunter's helper." He swayed an empty whiskey bottle in his hand.

"He knows I have a stash upstairs right?" I said, laughing.

Dean opened his mouth to say something but was quickly interrupted by the sound of flapping wings. Instinctively we all expected to see Castiel standing beside Bobby's desk, but instead it was Balthazar.

"Hello children, you've seen the Godfather, right?" he asked, sounding a little frantic and he glanced around apparently looking for something.

"Balthazar...?" Dean said.

He placed a large bowl Bobby often used for spells onto the desk and continued rummaging.
"You know the end, where Michael Corleone sends his men to kill his enemies in one big, bloody swoop?"
He continued to talk nonsense, and poured a container of salt into the bowl distractedly.

"Hey!" I hissed at him, only to be ignored.

"Dead sea brine...good,good,..You know, Moe Green gets it in the eye, and Don Cuneo gets it in the revolving door?"

"I said hey!"

Finally he looked up at me, condescendingly. "You did. Twice. Good for you. Now..blood of lamb, blood of lamb..." he moved to the refrigerator hastily, "beer..cold pizza...ah! Blood of lamb!"

In a blink he was back at the desk and set the jar of blood down.

"Why are we talking about the Godfather?" Sam asked.

"Because we're in it -- right now, tonight. And in the role of Michael Corleone -- The archangel Raphael." he explained.

"You mind telling us what you mean?" Dean asked, getting agitated.