Chapter Six

Back with the states Part 2

     Tex led the way as they traveled farther into the town. If it even was a town. The building continued to get bigger and more modern. There was more and more people walking around. The three siblings weren't really paying attention anymore, they were on the lookout for an ice cream parlor.

     Suddenly Tex started running. "Tex? What the heck! Where are you going!" Al yelled after him. Missi and Alaska started booking it to catch up with him. "Texas! Slow down!" Missi yelled. "I see an ice cream shop!" Tex yelled over his shoulder as he was running. All of the sudden, Tex rammed into someone. They both were knocked onto the floor. Tex jumped up. "Aw jeez! I Am' so sorry." Tex said in his thick southern accent. "It's okay. I'm fine" The person said as Texas helped him up. "But, would you mind telling me what country you are?" The stranger asked in a friendly way. "What? I don't know what you mean." The country chuckled a little. "You don't need to hide it from me. This city is full of dull, lifeless people and you are anything but dull. You're obviously a country." Texas stuttered, his words caught in his throat.

     Alaska ran up behind Tex. "Slow down. You already ran into one person." Alaska lectured. The mysterious stranger started, bug-eyed, at Alaska.

     Ukraine's POV

     I thought I would never see him again. The boy in front of me I recognize. I don't remember his name and he looked different from the last time I saw him. But I remember his ushanka. I remember when my father gave it to him. It had been worn away by the years and the red star had been replaced by a silver one. He wasn't a country now, was he? Frankly, I thought he was dead. He had been bought by America and his states were not human. I thought he had faded away. I guess not.

     "I know you." I said to the boy. He stared at me stunned for a minute. Then a small smile formed on his face. "So you remember me. I thought everyone forgot." I took a step back. "I...I'm sorry." he chuckled. "My feelings aren't hurt. I'm happy now, I have a good family. I hope your happy with the life you have too." He replied. Who I assume is his brother, nudged his arm. "Hey Al. Mine' tellin' me who this is?" He said. "Tex. Meet Ukraine. He was apart of the USSR." The boy named Tex's eyes widened. "You mean the guy that threatened to blow us up for 40 years." I winced at that comment. "I'm not like my dad. I'm also on okay terms with your dad." Both of the boys panicked. "Your not supposed to know about us! Our dad said it was to protect us." I nodded. It made sense. The United States of America is the most powerful country in the world. He has many allies, but also has many enemies. Having a bunch of kids could put a big target on him. Hurt his kids to get to him. "Don't worry. I won't tell anyone that your dad wouldn't want to know."

     "Ya' can't tell anyone." said a voice from behind Alaska and Tex. A young lady walked out. She was a couple inches shorter than both Text and Alaska, but her sassy composure told me she was dominate over both. "Mississippi. Pleasure to meet cha'" She said holding out her hand. "The pleasure is all mine." I said as I shook her hand. "I kindly ask ya' not ta' tell anyone about us. Our dad works hard ta' provide for us while running his country. Don't ruin all his hard work." I looked at her face and saw pure determination. This girl was so loyal to her family. It was as if she was trying to redeem herself. "I'll try. I have no desire to harm your family at all. But my boyfriend can almost read my mind. He can tell when I'm keeping stuff from him. Plus he also happens to be your guys' uncle." All of their eyes' widened. "We have and uncle?" The girl asked. "You don't even know your family? If I remember correctly, America has three brothers." Tex jumped up and down excitedly. "What are their names!" he shouted. "Canada, Australia and New Zealand. I can take you to meet Canada, he's my boyfriend." I said. "Yeah!" Tex said excitedly. "We politely decline" Mississippi cut-in. Tex looked at her with a bewildered expression, "Missi, he's our uncle! He's not gonna wanna hurt us. If anything he'll help. Dad is always exhausted, maybe he could help!" Tex said. Mississippi weighed the options in her head. "I can't stop you even If I tried, but I can keep you out of trouble. Let's go." Missi decided. "Wait we're actually doing this!" Alaska exclaimed "Dad is going to be so mad. What if he kicks us out. I-I can't be left behind again." Alaska cried. I felt a twisting pain in my chest. I felt guilty, even though I had no say in the deal, so long ago. Tex patted Alaska's back. "He wouldn't do that. He'll thank us when this is all over." Tex assured him. Then we set off, I started walking to the house me and Canada shared.

I truly meant these kids no harm. I hope this doesn't end badly for them.