Chapter Twenty Four

This is really short, but I'm kinda proud of this chapter! My version of the Confederacy is not a bad guy. I don't agree with Slavery or think it's right, but neither does my version of Confederacy. The Confederacy simply represents the southern part of America. I don't think southern people agree with Slavery or are racist anymore, so I don't make Con. racist. (The Confederacy is not the bad guy in this story!)

      It was a beautiful day! The sky shone the most unreal shade of blue and the sunlight filtered through the thick trees. Somehow America found himself walking through one of the lush forests that stretched across California. It was so quiet and peaceful. Despite the quiet, there was another presence in the air. It was warm and familiar, America didn't mind it at all.

     "Howdy Brother." A thick southern accent said. Mica turned around to the figure, who was sitting on a fallen log. America smiled.

     "Dixie, How have you been?" He said to the person.

     "Lonely, but well. How are my nieces and nephews?" He replied

     "They haven't killed each other yet." The two of them chuckled.

     "So... why are you here." Mica asked sincerely.

     Dixie frowned. "You feel it. I know you do." There was silence for a moment. "There's a split." Dixie said darkly.

     "I know... I've been thinking about it constantly. Do you know anything about it?" Dixie rubbed his eyes and looked towards his brother.

     "I know that it's not my people this time. I can feel an unease throughout them, but it's not rebellious. If anything they're ready to fight alongside the Union this time."

     "It's good to know you have my back brother." Mica said

     "I have learned from my mistakes. Jeez, I was so naive back then." The two brothers sat, remembering old memories.

     "Brother." Dixie spoke.

     "Yeah?"

     "I think it's time for me to come home."

     "I look forward to it."

     Confederacy woke up to the sound of chirping birds. He had lived in this little cabin since the end of the Civil War. His brother spared his life, and even offered him a spot in his own home. Dixie couldn't bring himself to face his brother though. Luckily, Mica found his little cabin and visited him every month. They had formed a solid brother-to-brother relationship over the years, and were good friends. No one knew about their friendship, not even the states. Dixie didn't think the states would forgive him, so he asked his brother to not tell them. Now, he wondered if that was a mistake or not.

     He jumped out of his bed and grabbed a red backpack out of the closet. About six months back, America had given it to him. Told him to use it to carry his things when he was ready to come back 'home'. Is he allowed to refer to his brother's house as 'home'. Home is where your family is. It's the place you go to for solitude. You're always welcome in your home. Will they welcome him? Will they forgive him?

     As he thinks, he starts to doubt himself and moves to put the bag back into the closet. But hesitates. "What the hell are you doing?" He says to himself as he pulls the bag back out. "You are not the 'Confederacy' anymore. You are the southern half of the fuckin' United States of America. You are a part of this nation. I am PROUD to be a part of this nation. Now, I am going to pack my bag, board a plane and go help my brother. I will not let OUR nation fall apart." South shoves clothes, toiletries and other essentials into the large bag and schedules a flight for later that day.

Again, sorry it's short!

Stay safe, wash your hands!

DON'T WASTE TOILET PAPER!

Love Ya'll!