Chapter Thirteen

Later that day: The hospital

     America's stay as the hospital had expired. He slowly clacked down the hallway with his crutches. Aussie walked beside him, matching his pace. Mica had given the entire family quite a scare. He hadn't explained exactly what led up to the injury, and refused to give an explanation for his lack of sleep. This only worried the family more. France wanted to stay with her son until he was fully recovered, but Britain saved him. Knowing his secret, he offered to stay with Mica instead. Britain respected the fact that his son wanted to keep this secret.

     America knew nothing about these arrangements obviously. If he did, he would insist that he could take care of himself. He didn't even know that Britain had found out about his states. This was going to be an interesting day...

     Mica was extremely surprised when UK climbed into Canada's car as well. He didn't think much of it though, they were just dropping him off.

     But when they pulled into America's driveway and parked, Mica panicked. "Nada? I thought you were just dropping me off." Canada looked America straight in the eye. "Ame... Me and dad are staying with you until you are fully healed." Mica glared at the Canadian, knowing his dad knew his secret. Despite Britain being one of America's greatest allies, Mica wanted to avoid telling his father. He would try to tell Mica ways to parent better. It would only stress him out more.

     "Canada... how many people know?" America growled. "Ame..." "NO. Canada how many people know. How many people did you tell!!!" Anger rose up in America's voice. The one thing he cared about more than anything was about to crumble. He could feel the foundation he had precariously built start to split. "Relax son, the only people that know are Canada, Ukraine, Mexico and me."

     But their little argument was interrupted as a navy blue Corvette. It pulled into the drive and parked.

     Canada looked at his brother, but instead of looking worried about the mystery car he was smiling.

     A figure stepped out of the car. He had a white face, but in the center there was a large, dark blue circle. A red wisp passed between his eyes and the letters N.A.S.A were written across his face. He looked to be about 17, his large, round glasses emphasizing his age. A pair of black wings with white speckles hung from his back. He started walking over to us.

     "Hey space boy!" America exclaimed. "It's been a while!" The teen smiled back politely. "Sorry. Been caught up in mapping out a mission to Mars! Buuuut... I heard you hurt yourself and came to help out." America hoped forward using his crutches and pulled the boy into a hug. "Thanks for coming NASA." Mica turned around to introduce NASA to his dad and brother. "Dad, Nada, this is my son NASA. In technical terms, he's the space exploration program in America." He gestured to NASA proudly. "NASA, this is you uncle Canada. And this is your grandfather, Great Britain." America explained.

     NASA perked up a little. "I never thought I would be able to meet you. It's great to meet my other relatives!" Canada and Britain found this boy to be quite pleasant and were quite surprised Mica had raised him so well.

      When the four of them walked in the door, they were bombarded with greetings. The states and territories tackled America to the floor, overjoyed to see him. America laughed a hearty laugh. His father and brother was amused to see America so happy about something. He had always been a cheerful person, but this was different. Pure Joy.

     Russia's POV

     I sat in the office cafeteria examining the mysterious phone. I hadn't looked through any more of the pictures. They would probably tell me who it belongs to, but it seems like an invasion of privacy. I flipped the phone around and poked at the case. Distracted by the phone, I was surprised when someone creeped up on me.

     "Russia!" Some one exclaimed as the jumped on my shoulders. I jumped, despite recognizing the voice. A boy (not really a boy, that's just how Rus sees him) with a bright, golden eye smiled at me.

     "Hello, Philippines." I replied. "Why so stoic. Come on Russy boy! SMILE!" Philip put his hand on the sides of my face, pushing my cheeks into a smile. I chuckled, "Someone's energetic today." Phil beamed. "Today's another wonderful day. POSITIVITY!" Philip's face changed a little. "Pluuuuuus... America is being let out of the hospital today!" Philip laughed. "You know... Nothing is the same when he's not here." completely agreed with him. Meri brought a different type of buzz to the world. He was different. He was fun. He mad politics fun. Which is definitely saying something.

     "Speaking of Meri. I found this phone and I thought it might be connected to him." I handed the phone to Philip. He examined it and turned it over in his hand. "Hey! The words on the back. It's a saying from the southern part of the United States." I nodded. "I must be America's. I'll return it to him when he comes back to work." Philippines' brow wrinkled. "That's the thing. I don't think this is America's. His phone looks different." I shrugged. "He could have gotten a new case." Philip looked real unsure. "I don't know Rus... It's seems really suspicious." Philip weighed the phone in his hands. "How about I take it off your hands. I'll return it to America for you, and find out what's going on." I rolled my eyes. "Your being so dramatic, but it gives me one less thing to do. Knock yourself out." "Thanks Rus." Philip said as he slipped the phone into his pocket. "Hey. Wanna go get some lunch?" The sunshiney country asked. "Sure. Why not."

Sorry... only 1005 words...

Welp. I tried!

And I did post when I promised too!

Hope you like it!

Love Ya'll